Reminiscent of a fairytale castle, Suvretta House is located in St Moritz, in the magnificent landscape of the Upper Engadine, surrounded by majestic mountains and lakes that glisten in summer, and freeze over in winter. A 5-star luxury resort with a private ski lift, it is also the only hotel in St Moritz with ski-in/ski-out access.Check availability
- 171 comfortably appointed rooms and 10 spacious suites.
- Room Service: Breakfast in bed, a private aperitif in peace, a few snacks, or even a small gourmet meal.
- In-house laundry, florist, a real-person wake-up call, and a manual shoeshine service.
Tower Suite: This 130 m² beauty has two bedrooms and is south-facing, with the best views of the lake and mountains. It also has a luxurious separate living room, two bathrooms, and a large terrace.
Suvretta House warmly welcomes families with children. At the Kiddy Club, little ones can play under the supervision of trained kindergarten teachers, or try their hand at arts and crafts. The Teddy Club even has a restaurant.
Wellness & Spa
- The spacious Sports & Pleasure Club at Suvretta House offers everything to help keep you in shape: a 25-meter swimming pool with integrated water jets, an outdoor whirlpool heated to 36°C, solarium and sauna with Finnarium, Sanarium, Vaporium or Caldarium, plus special rooms for strength training and cardiovascular exercise under professional supervision.
Wine & Dine
Grand Restaurant: The vast paneled dining room with an elaborate ceiling breathes history and is the setting for executive chef Fabrizio Zanetti’s market-fresh French cuisine with an international twist. Guests with half-board bookings can choose from 4-course offerings that change daily.
Suvretta Stube: Stylish yet easygoing, dine on Suvretta classics, Swiss specialties, and authentic Grisons dishes. There are traditional cheese fondues and raclettes, gypsy-style beef skewers, and sliced veal. The Stube’s chef Briceño Obando is known for bringing influences from his homeland, Costa Rican.
Sun terrace: Take a seat on the terrace, whether for breakfast in the summer, a lavish Full English Suvretta House Afternoon Tea, a refreshment in between, or a delectable lunch.
- Dress code in a restaurant: Dark suit and tie, for boys: jacket and tie.
- Rates start at CHF 790 per night.
Good to Know
- Guests can choose from shopping at three boutiques within Suvretta House: Agnona, Ermenegildo Zegna, and the Saxer ski shop. Plus, “il regaling”, the gift shop, stocks a large selection of little everyday items as well as presents for family members and friends at home.
- Weddings: Suvretta House offers everything in-house to make your celebration memorable, from gala dinners to wedding cakes and floral arrangements.
- Events: Classical music and uptempo rhythms, philosophical excursions, and bold visions: Suvretta House sets the stage for exclusive events and prominent individuals who have exciting stories to tell.
- The Engadine St. Moritz region is located on the south side of the Swiss Alps at about 1800m. The expansive plateau with its impressive lake-studded landscape is characterized by an above-average number of sunny days and a special, pleasantly dry microclimate.
- For more recommendations, follow our Insider's Guide to St Moritz
What to Do
- Besides the fantastic skiing at Corviglia, Piz Nair, Lagalb, and Diavolezza, other winter activities await such as sledding, snowshoeing, curling, and tobogganing, including the famous and extreme Cresta Run (1,2 km)
When to Go
- Winter season lasts from early December till April. Go in January or February for perfect snow conditions.
How to Get There
- By air: Zurich Airport is 4 hours by train and 2.5 hours by car; Milan Malpensa is 3 hours by car. Engadin Airport Samedan is very close by —, but only for private jets or chartered planes
- The hotel can organize limousine and helicopter transfers from Samedan, Zurich, and from other destinations to St. Moritz.
- By train: St. Moritz has its railway station.
- Complimentary parking is available in front of the hotel.
- Bus to the village center and St. Moritz-Bad free of charge for hotel guests and members of the Suvretta Club.