Lupaia is an ancient Italian country estate dating back to 1622. Laid out like a tiny village, there are a lot of hidden spots and angles to explore. With just 12 rooms and suites, a restaurant, and a pool, Lupaia lies in the middle of the Tuscan countryside, in the world-renowned wine region of Montepulciano.Check availability
- Each of the 12 rooms and suites is unique, but all share the same attention to detail and the use of high-quality natural materials and furnishings. Every room has its private outside space with splendid views of the Tuscan countryside.
- The pool area, with its infinity pool and the separate heated jacuzzi tub, provides sweeping sunset views.
- The highlight is the Sunset Negroni experience, in which guests are led to a secret pergola overlooking Montepulciano, where a private barman awaits to prepare Italy’s most famous cocktail in front of the magical scenery of Montepulciano in the fading daylight.
Wine & Dine
- The restaurant with its beautiful open kitchen is located in the main building of the estate. It truly is the heart of the hotel and welcomes guests from the early morning until late at night. The open kitchen truly comes alive in the afternoon, when Chef Andrea starts preparing the dinner menu. All Ingredients come from local suppliers and Lupaia’s organic vegetable garden.
What's the Story
- Lupaia lays on foundations more than a thousand years old, with the main house and annex dating back to 1622. The owners, an Austrian family who also manage the inn, have created an intimate and romantic hideaway with splendid views of medieval villages, vineyards, and olive groves
- Countryside chic.
- Rates start at EUR 350 per night. Minimum stay 2 nights. Rates are per room/night for double occupancy and include buffet breakfast, turndown service, and non-alcoholic beverages in the minibar, complimentary homemade cookies, and fruit, and all taxes and services.
Worth Getting out of Bed for
- The hotel is an ideal base from which to explore the towns and villages of Tuscany, offering at the same time the unique experience of being on a tranquil country estate that offers the serenity and solitude that has become so rare in this busy world. For wine enthusiasts, the options are ample, for Lupaia is in the middle of the ‘wine triangle’ of Chianti, Montepulciano, and Montalcino.
Good to Know
- Guests can experience a host of individual, private activities to make their stay truly unforgettable: from cooking classes in the open kitchen, using only the freshest ingredients, to a picnic in the olive grove with a traditional picnic hamper filled with various delicacies; the more adventurous, a truffle hunt with a local truffle hunter and his dogs can be arranged.
- Is a visit to Pienza, a 20 min drive. The town, along with all the Val d’Orcia, is one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites. It was planned and created by Pope Pius II, one of its citizens, who was inspired by the concept of the “città ideale”, the ideal city. Formerly called Corsignano, he changed the name and began to remodel the town so that it reflected a perfect balance between spiritual and temporal power in its architectural layout. Last but not least, it is also famous for its Pecorino cheese.
How to Get There
- We strongly recommend using Google Maps: Località Lupaia 74 53049 Torrita di Siena.
- Nearest airports: Florence: 1 1/2h, Pisa 2h, Rome Fiumicino 2 1/2h, Perugia 1 1/4h.