Santa Margherita Ligure, Ligurian Coast, Italy
Grand Hotel Miramare
Since 1903, the Grand Hotel Miramare has been a gleaming white pearl on the Italian coastline. Set between the brilliant blue of its sea and the park's rich greenery, it stands like a beacon of luxury and history.Check availability
- 75 individually styled bedrooms, 5 junior suites, and 4 deluxe suites.
- Some rooms enjoy private balconies overlooking the Riviera, the Mediterranean gardens, or the beautiful park.
- All rooms come with wifi, air conditioning, a tv, a safe, and a hairdryer.
- Luxury wellness center with a floating water bed, sensory shower and a range of facial and massage packages.
- Park gazebo for outdoor massages and treatments.
- Swimming pool and Mediterranean garden.
- The Miramare Suite in Room 105 is where the one and only Guglielmo Marconi famously stayed in 1933. The suite (the only one on the 1st floor of the Grand Hotel), has its balcony overlooking the Gulf of Tigullio.
Wine & Dine
- Grand Hotel Miramare's restaurant, Les Bougainvillées, blends Ligurian traditions with modern elegance.
- Three bars, including the Barracuda piano bar and a poolside bar.
What's the Story
- Built by Giacomo Costa, Miramare was one of the first Grand Hotels on the Riviera and rapidly become a must for the international jet setters of the time. Still today, the elegance of the Miramare’s white façade strikes the eye even from a considerable distance. Closer inspection reveals its sophisticated trompe l’oeils and floral decorations in the Leonardesque fresco style, a work that restored the Grand Hotel to its original turn-of-the-century splendor.
- 60's Riviera Glamour.
- Rates start at EUR 390 per night.
Where to Eat & Drink
- Tortuga (best place for apertivo)
- DuCoq (Oyster Bar)
- Capo Nord (pieds dans l'eau place)
- L’altro Eden
- Ristorante Da ö Battj
- The coastline of the Cinque Terre, with its stunning hillsides and fishing towns is a UNESCO World Heritage Site not to be missed. A passenger ferry runs between the five villages or a walking trail known as Sentiero Azzurro can also be used to reach each one.
How to Get There
- Santa Margherita Ligure is just 42 km from Genoa Cristoforo Colombo Airport and around 140 km from Pisa International Airport. However by train is most convenient, with its main station being just 1 km from the hotel.
Grand Hotel Miramare