The Sonnenhof, from the team behind the legendary Almhof Schneider, is a well-preserved house dating back to the 14th and 15th centuries, featuring typical ‘Walser’ architecture. It is located slightly above the Hinterwies lift station, on a spacious, traffic-free slope with views of snow-covered peaks in winter and hilly meadows in summer. Its name – which translates to ‘sunny inn’ – is not an empty promise. Based on a comprehensive historical analysis, the structure of the house has been meticulously restored over the past two years and adapted for its new use with great attention to detail. Starting from December 2023, the Sonnenhof will be available to rent on a weekly basis.Check availability
- The building consists of communal rooms on the ground floor and basement, and three bedrooms on each of the first and second floor. On each floor, there is a master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, as well as two other rooms that share a spacious, light-filled bathroom with a magnificent view of Lech’s nature. One of the two smaller rooms on the top floor has a bunk bed that can accommodate up to 4 children if needed.
- The foyer on the second floor features an open fireplace designed by Giuseppe Ducrot and a desk in front of a panoramic window overlooking Lech.
- The ground floor includes an entrance, wardrobe, guest toilet, and a kitchen. The log construction of the old “Stube” and the “Nebenkammer” houses the living and dining rooms.
- Shinichiro Ogata has created a fascinating, sculptural sauna (finish) in the antique cellar beneath the “Stube”.
- The cellar beneath the “Nebenkammer”, also preserved in its original state from the fourteenth century, serves as a pantry and wine cellar.
- The house also includes an underground garage with 4 parking spaces and storage space for ski equipment.
- The staff will provide you with a range of wines and non-alcoholic beverages, which will be billed according to consumption.
- Additional services and products can be booked through the Hotel Almhof Schneider. Guests of Sonnenhof have privileged access to the hotel’s facilities, such as childcare, cinema, and more.
- The staff is also happy to make reservations for guests for the day spa, in their Wunderkammer or restaurant at the Hotel Almhof Schneider.
- Starting at EUR 33,600 per week. Included in the price is the use of all the rooms mentioned above, as well as breakfast and daily cleaning.
- The Sonnenhof can only be rented in its entirety on a weekly basis.
Murmeli in Oberlech, best for lunch.
Schneggarei, puristic cottage for apres ski, Schlegelkopf valley station, Lech.
Where to Shop
- Lenai & Linai, right next to the church.
Lech Insider Guide
- More recommendations in our Lech Insider Guide.
How to Get There
- Major airports: Zürich (2h) and Munich (3h).
- Smaller airports: St.Gallen (1h), Friedrichshafen & Innsbruck (both 1 1/2h).
- Train station is Langen am Arlberg (30 min drive).