Here is our Insider Guide to Sweden’s Capital.
- Fabrique Swedish wood-fired bakery. Rosenlundsgatan 28, Södermalm
Where to Eat
Where to Drink
Where to Shop
- Östermalm Saluhall 1880s food hall with antique stalls selling produce, seafood & gourmet goods, plus several cafes. Östermalmstorg 31
- Jacksons established in 1981, Jacksons have built one of the most extensive collections of 20th-century Scandinavian and International vintage design, consistently offering rare and museum-quality examples. In their gallery on Sibbyllegatan 53, Jacksons shows a selection of their collection, as well as exhibitions. In their impressive showroom located in the harbour, one will find the whole collection, including furniture, ceramics, glass, lights and textiles. The showroom is open on appointment only. Sibyllegatan 53
- Grandpa Fridhemsgatan 43, Kungsholmen
- Old Touch antique and vintage clothing from practically every era, with a particularly extensive selection from the '20s. Upplandsgatan 43, Vasastan
- Modernity showroom-slash-gallery collects and sells rare, impossible-to-find 20th-century Scandinavian furniture . One of the few places in the world where iconic pieces by the aforementioned Scandinavian design heavyweights are actually available for sale, you'll also find antique textiles, ceramics, and light fixtures. Sibyllegatan 6, Östermalm © Modernity Stockholm
What to See
- Fotografiska Stadsgårdshamnen 22, Södermalm
- Moderna Museet Exercisplan 4, Skeppsholmen
- Artipelag - The exhibitions often have a nature-based them, and two restaurants that overlook the water (the fine dining restaurant serves vegetables grown on the museum's rooftop and the more casual Båden cafe is perfect for a coffee and pastry). Skip the car rental and take the ferry, it's too beautiful not to. Artipelagstigen 1, Archipelago
- Skogskyrkogården A Unesco World Heritage site, non-denominational cemetery, designed by Swedish architects Gunnar Asplund and Sigurd Lewerentz, is (irrespective of your beliefs) incredibly emotive. Sockenvägen 492, Enskededalen
- Rosendals Trädgård Rosendalsvägen 38 So much more than a market garden, Rosendals is a complete farm-to-fork concept with an orchard, vegetable fields, greenhouses, a vineyard, and rose garden, with sustainable, biodynamic farming practised throughout.
Where to Stay
When to Go
- Visit in summer months, best months are June, July and August when temperatures average 20 degrees. Arlanda airport is 45 min from the city center, well served from most european cities and daily from New York City.
How to Get There
Arlanda airport is 45 min from the city center, well served from most European cities, and daily from New York City.