- Route: London, UK to Venice, Italy
- Duration: Two days. Leaves London Victoria Sunday at 10 am and reaches Venice Monday at 6.25 pm.
- Best time to travel: April and May.
- Good to know: Dress smart; dining aboard these historic, art-deco carriages is a glamorous affair - the three-course bellini brunch is a particular favourite among passengers.
GoldenPass MOB Belle Epoque
- Route: St Moritz to Zermatt, Switzerland
- Duration: Eight hours
- Best time to travel: All winter. For snow-capped mountains.
- Good to know: The Glacier Express is often referred to as "the slowest express train in the world". Book the Excellence Class to enjoy window seats, a bar area, personal travel guidance, and multi-course lunch.
Cinque Terre Express
- Route: Levanto to La Spezia, Italy
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Best time to travel: Spring. The Riviera is lovely when tourists are few and temperatures are mild in spring.
- Good to know: Combine your journey with a day trip to Portofino, less than two hours drive from Levanto.
West Highland Line
- Route: Glasgow to Mallaig via Fort William, Scotland
- Duration: Three hours 50 minutes
- Best time to travel: Summer.
- Good to know: The line is considered the world's most scenic, crossing the Glenfinnan Viaduct, Loch Lomond, and the Trossachs National Park.
Napa Valley Wine Train
- Route: Downtown Napa to St Helena (and back), California, US
- Duration: Three hours
- Best time to travel: Spring.
- Good to know: This 36-mile round-trip gives passengers the inside track of some of Napa's most celebrated winemaking families.