The famous Colorado jaunt is much more than a ski town. Covid drove people from all over the country to place permanent roots as full-time residents. But it’s not only the taxes and mountains that make Aspen so attractive. An average of 250 days of sunshine per year, fabulous dining, art, and shopping have made Aspen the best mountain destination in the Rockies.
Where to Stay
- The St Regis is our Favourite. Very well located, a few steps from the lifts and cafes, restaurants, and shops.
- The Jerome is probably the best accommodation in town. Belongs to the Auberge chain.
- The Little Nell is the third luxurious hotel in town. More modern design. The only hotel with ski-in and ski-out.
Where to Eat
Where to Play
Caribou club for a nightcap. 411 E Hopkins Ave
What to See
The Aspen Art Museum presents the newest, most important evolutions in international contemporary art. 637 E Hyman Ave
Where to Shop
- No Aspen stay is complete without a visit to Kemo Sabe the coolest store in town for high-end western wear. They have an impressive collection of Cowboy boots and hats and skiing accessories.
- Res Ipsa is another cool boutique you have to stop by. Beautiful accessories.
- Gorsuch for Aspen-style ski wear. At the bottom of Ajax mountain.
- All the big designer names are in town, from Fusalp to Ralph Lauren.
Where to Ski
Aspen has 4 mountains, Ajax, also known as Aspen Mountain is the heart of the après scene. Highlands is more for advanced Skiers, while Buttermilk is more for beginners, and Snowmass is a quick drive or bus ride from town.
When to Go
Aspen is an all-year-round destination. Ski season kicks off on Thanksgiving and ends in April. Summer Season lasts from June to September. Our favorite month is October when temperatures drop and leaves turn gold and red.
What to Bring
Pack your cowboy boots, vintage RL shirts, and sweaters and you’re good to go.
How to Get There
- Aspen’s small airport is served daily from Denver, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, and Dallas. During high season, it’s estimated that a private jet lands at the town’s airport every six minutes.
- Use Aero to fly First from LA.
- The best way from Europe is from London, Paris, or Frankfurt to Denver and connect to Aspen.
- You can also drive from Denver, it's a 3 - 4 hour trip.