Sitting prettily at the end of the sun-blessed Engadin Valley is Villa Flor, a hidden guesthouse run with care and passion by former gallerist Ladina Florineth. It is near to St Moritz in the diminutive village of S-chanf, yet feels a world away; something her cult following of creatives want to keep this way.Check availability
- Seven rooms, which all differ in size (18 m2 to 45 m2) and are individually furnished with family heirlooms, flea market treasures, vintage lamps, and design classics.
- In the evening guests can socialize in the cozy red salon or relax in the extensive library.
- Ask for spacious Room No 1 (42m2) with its open fireplace.
Wine & Dine
- Daily breakfast is served with local ingredients.
- Stylish and cozy, like Villa Flor.
- Rates start at CHF 290 per night.
- Art is tangible and visible throughout Villa Flor. Renowned artists such as Julian Schnabel, Philipp Keel, and Nathalie Du Pasquier stay at Villa Flor and let themselves be inspired by the charm and uniqueness of the house. The Villa Flor repeatedly provides the walls of its corridors and halls for art exhibitions.
Where to Eat and What to See
- In our Insider's Guide to St Moritz.
- Besides the fantastic skiing at Corviglia, Piz Nair, Legal, and Diavolezza, other winter activities await you such as sledding, snowshoeing, curling, and tobogganing — including the famous Cresta Run.
When to Go
- Winter season lasts from early December until April. Summer season starts in June and ends in late September.
How to Get There
- By air: Zurich Airport (215 km) is 4 hours by train and 3 hours by car. Alternatively Milan Malpensa (180 km) and 3 hours by car. Engadin Airport Samedan (13 km) is just around the corner, but only for private jets or chartered planes.
- Our tip is to arrive at Villa Flor by train; S-chanf has its own tiny station and the UNESCO World Heritage route from Chur to Samedan through the Albula Valley is stunning.