Krün, Bavaria, Germany
Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa Retreat & Cultural Hideaway
Schloss Elmau is located in one of the most spectacular settings in the Bavarian Alps, only 100 km south of Munich. Discerning travelers will enjoy its liberating sense of space and simple luxury, as well as its unique cultural traditions of great artists and authors.Check availability
Two Hotels - One Resort
- You can stay at the Hideway or the Retreat which opened in 2015. Both feature spacious rooms & suites, Luxury Spas spas for adults as well as families, and several restaurants & lounges. Guests staying at either one of the two hotels may use all the great offers of the other.
- There are 47 spacious rooms & suites, three restaurants, and two Spas, the Summit Pavillon and Yoga Pavillons all offer the ultimate in contemporary comfort and breathtaking views of the lofty Wetterstein mountains and the rushing Ferchenbach creek.
- The Hideaway was originally built in 1916 and rebuilt as a Luxury Spa & Cultural Hideaway in 2007. The interior design of its 115 grand yet intimate rooms, restaurants, lounges, and spas connect the luxury of space and cosmopolitan diversity with a sense of timelessness and the beauty of the untouched surroundings. Guests staying at the Hideaway may also use all the great offers of the Retreat.
- All rooms have balconies, loggias, or terraces offering breathtaking views of the Bavarian Mountains and are equipped with giant bathrooms, Samsung TV with Internet and iPod/Ipad connection, minibar, Kettle, espresso machine, noiseless cooling & heating system, large beds (200 x 210), chaise longue, sofa, and armchairs.
Wellness & Spa
- The Badehaus Spa (32,000 ft²) is one of the most beautiful spas in the world and features: an 80ft infinity rooftop pool, salt water pool and cold plunge pool, Finnish sauna, and salt steam room, spa restaurant, yoga room, 15 treatment rooms with spectacular mountain views, relaxation areas, and terraces.
- Santhigiri Spa with 1800 sqm, Lady Spa, Adult Spa, Family Spa, 2 Saunas, Steam bath, and 8 treatment rooms.
- 3 pools: infinity lap pool, hot sole pool, cold plunge pool.
- Well-equipped fitness gym in a conservatory.
- Yoga Retreat in the 120 sqm Pavillon with panoramic mountain views.
Wine & Dine
- 7 award-winning restaurants: including Luce d´Oro, with two Michelin Stars; and Fidelio, offering a daily changing selection of Sushi, Sashimi, fish, and meat dishes.
- "La Salle" offers contemporary cuisine. Enjoy a great salad, antipasti, dessert, and cheese buffets as well as specialties from the region and around the world.
- 'Summit', 'Tutto Mondo', 'Ganesha' - Italian cuisine in a contemporary interpretation, typical dishes are Vitello Tonnato, Antipasti, or Lasagna.
- 'Kaminstube' is the place for Fondue in the winter months.
- 'Ananda at the Badehaus' serves breakfast and light lunches.
- 'Elmauer Alm" is their mountain restaurant. Bavarian Snacks and breathtaking views of the mountains. You can reach the Alm 1200 m above sea level after a 45-minute walk from the hotel.
- The 'Summit Pavillon' was opened in 2022 by Chancellor Scholz and President Biden before the start of the G7 Summit 2022 in Schloss Elmau.
- The 'Retreat lounge' comes with two open fireplaces, a living room, a restaurant, a bar, a lounge, a library & terrace with spectacular views.
- Schloss Elmau features one of the biggest and best bookstores in any hotel around the world with three libraries (mostly English, German, and French books).
- Mountain active during the day. Dress up elegantly for dinner.
- Rates start at EUR. 560 per night.
- Book 4 nights and enjoy a complimentary night. Find out more.
Location & Setting
- The Elmau Valley is located at 1000 m above sea level at the foot of the Wetterstein Mountain, surrounded by lofty peaks, idyllic valleys, crystal-clear lakes and rivers between the Karwendel Mountain Range and the Zugspitz Glacier, 100 km south of Munich, 40 km north of Innsbruck, and just a short drive from Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
Discover Upper Bavaria
- Discover one of Europe's most stunningly varied and pristine landscapes in Upper Bavaria. There is plenty to discover, whether it’s a trip to the fascinating Neuschwanstein Castle or King Ludwig mountain refuge with one of the hotel’s complimentary BMWs.
- The ski concierge will take care of your equipment, planning ski safaris, skiing classes for adults and children, and cross-country courses (over 30 km of the best-groomed routes). There are also snow-shoe hikes, ice skating and toboggan rentals, and horse-drawn carriage rides in the immediate area.
- Guided mountain tours, with more than 70 different tours with experienced mountain guides.
- Several attractive golf courses nearby.
- Tennis and volleyball.
- The hotel can organize rowing and windsurfing on the lakes, whitewater kayaking, whitewater rafting on the Inn and Isar rivers, and climbing or horseback riding.
How to Get There
- By plane: Nearest airports are Innsbruck (45 minutes) and Munich (1.5 hours). Transfers can be arranged.
- The nearest train station is Klais (10 minutes).
Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa Retreat & Cultural Hideaway
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.