In the foothills of southern Bavaria’s Allgäu Alps, you will find ROSSO, surrounded by lush meadows, gentle rolling hills and beautiful forests — all soundtracked by the soft peal of cowbells. A red farmhouse that feels more refuge than hotel, guests sleep in three cosy apartments that encourage cooking and spending time together.Check availability
- 3 private apartments, ranging from 68-90m2. Equipped with a fully furnished kitchen, plenty of space for having breakfast with family or friends or cooking together. Ecological bed ware and mattresses, freestanding bathtub, floor heating, bathroom with rain shower, bathrobes and bathing products from PRIMAVERA.
- Sauna: made with love using matured timber and includes a Swiss pine sauna infusion
- The eternal atelier: a fantastic place to relax, gaze at the fireplace or cook together
- Studio: available on request for group meditation, yoga, painting, creating…
- Sun terrace: flowerbeds and herb garden for our guests, flooded with evening sun and a grill area.
- Lounging lawn: Alpine view with sunbeds and swings.
Wine & Dine
- No restaurant option, but their farmhouse table begs for long, family-style dinners. There is an honesty pantry where you can buy locally-made bath oils to use in the apartments’ vast tubs, eggs, chocolate and sparkling natural wines, among other delicious things.
- Cosy knitwear from Austrian label Michaela Buerger. Shop here.
- Lodging from EUR 220 per night.
Worth Getting out of Bed for
- We love starting in the morning with a plunge in the ice-cold lake in the garden, before warming back up in the beautiful indoor sauna. Then it is down to the spacious communal living area downstairs, where a giant fireplace and cosy sofas encourage relaxation and mingling with fellow guests.
Location & Setting
- Rosso is located on a hill near Altusried, a small village on the foot of the Bavarian Alps. There are farm shops around the corner, bike and hiking trails, meadows and the Allgäu mountains are about 25 minutes by car. During winter months, there are a few ski resorts within a 45 min drive.
In-House Farm Shop
- In the farm shop, you’ll find everything you need should you not want to leave ROSSO.
Good to Know
- Children are very welcome at ROSSO. There are high chairs, baby beds, bamboo plates and cutlery, baby bathtubs, games and books.
- Good doggies are welcome, too, for an extra cleaning fee.
How to Get There
- Allgäu Airport Memmingen is only 1/2h by car. Munich and Zurich are both 2h.
- If arriving at Allgäu Airport Memmingen or the surrounding train stations, they can arrange a pick-up service for you.