Quinta da Comporta
Some places defy space and time. That continues to be an authentic reflection of its heritage and the landscape that surrounds them, colored in by nature’s pallet and elevated by the essence of the people that live there. Comporta is one of those places. Situated on a coast of infinite white sand beaches, between acres of pine trees and lush green rice fields, the natural reserve of Comporta is the destination of choice for those who desire to disconnect and embrace the best of nature whilst living an authentic experience.Check availability
- 65, including 30 suites.
- The three-bedroom Pool Villa is a peaceful and private option for families.
- In rooms: flatscreen TV; minibar; Delta coffee machine; tea and a kettle; free bottled water.
- The 40m infinity pool overlooks the rice fields, catching reflections from the crops and surrounding buildings.
Wine & Dine
Restaurant ar D’Arrozal: Rising between Comporta’s rice fields that extend to the Atlantic Ocean and the resort’s vegetable garden, Mar D’Arrozal takes shape in the form of a local barn, built using recovered wood beams that trace back over a hundred years. Here, Comporta’s gastronomical culture is represented in signature dishes, rich in diversity, flavor, and local heritage, served in an elegant yet relaxed environment.
Chef João Sousa draws inspiration from each season’s offerings, combining creativity and technique to host a sensorial journey that translates the location’s history and culinary tradition with authenticity. “With Mar D’Arrozal, we wanted to explore the way guests could experience Comporta’s essence. Each dish honors a local ingredient, playing upon its most characteristic flavor and at the same time allows us to discover a new way to savor it.”
Eira Bar: The bar is part of the restaurant, with incredible sunset views across the rice fields. There are more than 150 wines to choose from, both local and international.
Wellness & Spa
- All the exceptional facilities, treatments, and rituals of ORYZA SPA, are personalized to each guest’s needs to create a new horizon of wellness, relaxation, and inner and outer beauty. The indoor/outdoor heated pool, hammam, sauna, interior gym, and 6 private treatment rooms are all available for all guests. * * At Oryza Spa, you can choose to indulge in one of the superb Body Massages and Scrubs for physical restoration, an Aroma-based Ritual to discover a new sense of harmony, a reviving Facial Treatment, any one of our Oriental and Holistic Therapies such as Acupuncture and Fire Cupping to align your body’s energetic flow with your state of mind or simply spend time enjoying our facilities.
- Rates start at EUR. 290 per night.
- Move from sun lounger to lunch to cocktails at this chic beach spot. The menu has classic Mediterranean summer fare: grilled local fish, seafood linguine and grilled meats, great local and international wines, and cocktails.
- A restaurant with a simple and relaxed atmosphere, framed by the Beach and stunning ocean views. Sal offers the best fresh fish and other typical local flavors. Wild beauty continues to be the calling card of this beach and Sal became part of the landscape. The outdoor terrace makes up the perfect setting for lunch at the beach.
- A day trip to Lisbon. In case of bad weather drive an hour north and explore Portugal's capital.
When to Go
- The hotel is open all year round. Our favorite months are September and October.
How to Get there
- By air: Fly into Lisbon airport which is an hour away. We recommend renting a car at the airport.