Bezau, Bregenzerwald, Austria
In an idyllic corner of the Bregenzerwald Valley, the Post Bezau’s chalet-style doors have been open since 1850. Now, this simple mountain hotel has evolved into a holistic retreat, overseen by the founder’s great-great-granddaughter, Susanne Kaufmann — the renowned beauty mogul who still lives next door and is the embodiment of Alpine health. Since 2019, the concept of POST BEZAU focuses on the idea of spa, nutrition, sports, sleep and the power of nature in the Bregenzerwald. With a holistic approach, several Retreats from Detox, Medical Detox, Beauty to Yoga are offered.Check availability
- 7 room types, ranging from 16m2 to 47m2. The rooms are equipped with parquet flooring, TV, desk, safe, and Susanne Kaufmann™ product selection in the room. The Detox Sleep Rooms come with the exclusive Samina sleeping system.
What's the Story
- Bezau, a place at the end of the Bregenzerwald Valley is the home of the Kaufmann family and the Hotel Post Bezau. Almost 170 years ago, the "Post" was created against a backdrop of lush green meadows, rugged mountain formations and clear river water. Susanne Kaufmann, the renowned beauty mogul has run the hotel for the fifth generation since 1994.
- The hotel is a unique stage for sustainability, nature, and progress, this diversity influences the approach of the hotel in a positive and demanding sense. This includes the abandonment of plastic, the development of their own environmentally friendly cleaning products, and much more.
Susanne Kaufmann Spa
- The Susanne Kaufmann Spa combines cosmetics expertise, professionally trained therapists, a medical team and over 25 years of spa know-how with proven cosmetic products and treatments. The goal: To create an attentive and inspiring place to experience a positive change in life and body.
- Epic spa with saunas, swimming pools, and tailor-made treatments.
Wine & Dine
- The hotel offers various cuisines: from detox cuisine, and weight management to their POST BEZAU cuisine. Everything is based on regional, healthy, creative cuisine. Depending on the focus during the stay, this can be adjusted.
- Fluffy bathrobes.
- Rates start at EUR. 549 per night for two and include: Breakfast with regional dishes, afternoon snack, 4-course gourmet evening menu. Beverage buffet and tea selection until 4 pm.
Worth Getting out of Bed for
- The hotel offers a daily free activity program and participation in workshops on various topics.
Post Bezau Retreats
- Discover all of their retreats for 2023. Whether Detox, Beauty Yoga or Body Shape - find your program.
- In summer, the verdant landscapes blossom and you’re invited to experience its biodiversity on whatever hiking or mountain biking route you opt for. In winter, nature turns them into snowbeds and ski paths.
- The hotel offers free rental of mountain bikes and toboggan.
About the Bregenzerwald
- The Bregenzerwald is known for its outstanding craftsmen and architects. Especially the guild of carpenters and carpenters. Even today, traditional wood construction techniques provide ideas and inspiration for modern buildings and objects.
How to Get There
- By air: Altenrhein airport: 43 km. Memmingen airport: 113 km and Zurich airport: 141km.
- By train: You can get to Vorarlberg by train, the nearest station is Dornbirn, 21km.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.