Created in the 18th century as a place of the heart on Lake Como for friends, for love and leisure, for the pleasures of the table and the Italian art of dolce far niente, Passalacqua is that same place of wonder today.Check availability
- 24 rooms, including nine suites in three buildings. Every suite is different, each one is ready to become a stylish room of your own.
- All rooms feature WiFi throughout, Smeg kettle and Illy coffee machine, Bluetooth sound system, free minibar with treats from the chef, TV, and bespoke bath products.
- Panoramic pool.
- An open-air gym in the olive grove.
- A lakeside tennis court.
- Bocce court.
- Open-air cinema evenings, where Italian and international classic movies play out under a canopy of stars.
- Vegetable and herb garden.
What's the Story
- Transformed by the De Santis family, rooted on the shores of Lake Como for generations, into a unique hotel with 24 characterful guest accommodations spread across three magnificently restored edifices, it features seven acres of landscaped gardens that descend to a private jetty. Nestled among the park terraces, burbling fountains and centuries-old trees, guests can enjoy a panoramic swimming pool, an open-air gym in the olive grove, a lakeside tennis court, movie nights under the stars and much more. Staying at Passalacqua gives guests an all-access pass to life at the villa, whether that means making ice cream with the gelataio, swapping pruning tips with the gardeners, kneading pasta dough with the chef or perfecting your volo shot on the bocce court.
Wine & Dine
Breakfast: A glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice, the wide-eyed flourish of a meter-high alzatina cake stand piled high with granita, cream-filled maritozzo buns, mini-pizzas. Plus, of course, a chef on hand to prepare whatever you fancy – like sunny-side-ups made from eggs laid by our hens that morning – and friendly waitstaff ready to accommodate you wherever you choose to enjoy your breakfast.
Lunch: Light lunch on the bar terrace, or inside the bar? Wherever you’d like to eat, the staff will set up a table for you.
The pre-dinner aperitivo is celebrated as warmly and passionately in the villas and cafés of Lake Como as it is in the historic bars of Turin and Milan. Negroni, spritz, dry Martini or champagne? Nestled in the delightfully cultured, old-school bar, down by the pool, or outside on the terrace?
Dinner: Their fine dining space, offers a creative and innovative culinary experience, centered around vegetables and seafood and the tastes of the seasons.
Wellness & Spa
- There are treatment rooms in the Palazz, and a Turkish bath and sauna.
- You can book a Dr Barbara Sturm facial or a massage.
- Dolca far niente.
- Rates start at EUR. 990 per night.
Location & Setting
- Grand lakeside villas. Charming lakeside villages. Ancient churches perched in improbable mountainside locations. Winemaking enclaves, opera houses, and any number of trails for hikers and bikers in a part of Italy whose dolce vita exterior conceals an Alpine heart. Milan, with its fashion shopping and cultural draws, is just an hour away; even closer is Moltrasio’s celebrated Gelateria Le Giuggiole, whose simpatica owner is ever ready to reveal some of the secrets of Italy’s gelato cult.
- The hotel offers daily activities that change from season to season. Many other experiences can be reserved, and many more tailored to individual passions and interests (if there’s one thing our team enjoys, it’s making a dream become true).
- An excursion with Beppe the boatman on one of Passalacqua’s two vintage motor launches is a must during your stay. Giumello II is the perfect choice for gentle voyages of discovery, and sunset cruises. Ideal for longer jaunts, its sportier cousin Didi comes complete with a sundeck and swim platform.
- A trip by boat to Varenna, one of the most picturesque villages on the lake.
- The ravishing gardens of Villa del Balbaniello.
How to Get There
- Fly into Milan Malpensa which is 45 minutes by car. Alternatively, Linate is a little under an hour’s drive. Hotel transfers can be arranged.