The Tannerhof is a place without frills - substantial, unconventional, and easy-going. The hotel is like a small village, situated on a slope with a panoramic view of the Leitzach Valley and the Wendelstein, nestled between mountains and lakes. Founded in 1905, the 4th generation family-run hotel operates living close to nature and holistic approaches focusing on health from organic gourmet cuisine and therapeutic fasting, to sustainable living.Check availability
- Rooms range from 9 to 36m², and include Chalet Towers and Cottages.
- Most rooms offer balconies with mountain views instead of TVs.
- The complete Tannerhof premises include the salon with the open fireplace, the Orangerie, the reading room, the art studio, the deck in the woods, and charming outdoors with an old lime tree swing and natural spaces to enjoy.
Health & Spa
- The hotel offers a range of treatments and a very experienced therapeutical team that is second to none in the region. Treatments range from different water therapies, wraps, massages & body treatments, beauty & cosmetics, and physical movement treatments, medical therapies, and psychological coaching. View the complete offerings here.
- The Tannerhof Spa also features an indoor swimming pool, sauna, Kneipp basin, and panorama gym with Technogym® machines for guests to enjoy throughout their stay.
- Fasting at the Tannerhof is possible with medical supervision and is designed with moderate exercise, relaxation, detoxifying treatments, Kneipp casts, and massages. You can book your experience here.
- The hotel offers weekly workout classes, concerts, exhibitions, camps, retreats, and much more. Here is an Overview of the property's programming.
Wine & Dine
Small fine breakfast buffet with delicious homemade Bircher muesli, organic yogurts, seasonal fruit, self-made organic spreads, selected cheese from the local cheese manufacturer Tegernseer Naturkäserei, and smooth Ayurvedic rice cereal. Plus egg dishes, breads, and nice little rolls from the Bayrischzell organic bakery. Coffee specialties and tea from their local friends Dinzler and Herbaria.
A daily 'menu du jour' at dinner as the French say, which features organically grown food and local ingredients. You have to choose prior to your stay between one of the 4-course menus: gourmet full board, the low-carb menu, or the fasting menu. On Fridays, the chef prepares a beautiful 5-course menu. Vegetarian available.
Note: Don't be surprised to share your table with other guests, they like to arrange mixed tables.
- Since the very beginnings of the Tannerhof in 1905, each generation of the Mengershausen family actively committed themselves to the preservation of and respect for nature. Anchored in the belief that we humans can only thrive in a holistic manner when nature is intact. That is why the Tannerhof team is very much engaged in protecting natural resources and people‘s health alike.
- Your fluffy robe!
- Rates start at EUR 270 per night and full board with the chosen diet [gourmet | low carb | fasting]. As well as a daily relaxation or workout program 6 days/week offering at least 4 cool choices of i.e. aqua fitness, cardiovascular training, Feldenkrais, Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates, guided hikes, and Nordic walking – to mention but a few. Room rate depends on category, diet, and duration of accommodation.
Location & Setting
- The Bavarian market town of Bayrischzell is a short walk from the hotel where you can find cafes, restaurants, and authentic stores.
- From mountain biking, hiking, swimming, and walking, the valley offers endless activities during the warmer months. The Schliersee (lake) is a 15-minute drive.
- In winter you can go skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, ski touring and much more.
- In the immediate vicinity you will find cross-country ski trails.
- The ski areas 'Sudelfed' and 'Spitzingsee-Tegernsee' are a short drive away.
How to Get There
- Fly into Munich or Salzburg, both are 1 1/2h by car.
- Arrive sustainable-friendly by train: The hotel offers a shuttle service from the station in Bayrischzell.