Originally built by miners in the 15th century, the Mesnerhaus has lived many previous lives during the centuries including as a schoolhouse and sacristan house. It became a restaurant in the 20th century and, since 2007, has been run with passion by Maria and Josef Steffner. Decorated with four Gault Millau toques, the haute cuisine menu is characterized by specialties from the Lungau region.Check availability
- Just a few steps from the table in the restaurant of their historic building, which has existed since 1420, to the beds of the hotel. All 6 rooms and their exclusive suite have been thought through down to the smallest detail to make your stay unforgettable.
- Convenient parking in front of the house for a relaxed arrival.
What’s the Story?
- In 2007, after a journey through the best kitchens in Europe, Maria, and Josef Steffner found themselves in the Mesnerhaus. Maria and Josef have been running the Mesnerhaus with passion since 2007 and are also the proud owners of the house. They are proud to be able to work here in these historic walls that mix with a modern ambiance. They live their common dream with passion and enchant their guests with regional creations full of imagination. Today you experience the Mesnerhaus 4 award-winning kitchen differently.
Wine & Dine
- A connection to home and regional ingredients is combined in the restaurant with creativity and imaginative spices. Choose from their menus and let yourself be pampered.
- Annina Dirndl for her and Poldi Jankerl for him.
- Rates start at EUR. 175 per night.
Good to Know
- Unforgettable events are constantly taking place in the award-winning Mesnerhaus restaurant. Whether you are an art lover, music lover, or wine connoisseur.
- The smaller ski resort of Grosseck is a 5 min drive. The snow-guaranteed resort of Obertauern is only 15 min away.
- In the summer, there are numerous hikes in the area.
When to Go
- Come from June to September to enjoy the Austrian summer.
How to Get There
- Salzburg & Klagenfurt airport are both 1h20 from the hotel.