Locanda in Tuscany
Locanda in Tuscany is a perfect location for an authentic luxury experience, for those looking for a relaxing holiday in the most perfect part of Italy, the Val d’Orcia. An intimate and immersive experience with a focus on sustainable and organic principles, from the mini-bar selections to the food and wine offerings at the restaurant. The building is a private country mansion from the XVII century renovated concerning the Tuscan tradition and in authentic country chic style.Check availability
- Nine rooms including four suites. Each one of the nine rooms is an oasis crafted from traditional elements like brick floors, wood-beam ceilings, exposed stone walls, harmonious colors, and antique furnishings.
- Free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, and bath products.
- In-room spa treatments are available for guests staying in rooms with a freestanding tub.
- The 20-meter outdoor swimming pool is flanked by sunbeds with magnificent views of the rolling Tuscan countryside.
What's the Story
- The Locanda is a labor of love for owners Luca and Claudia Bernetti, who upon deciding to open a hotel asked themselves: “What is the luxury world missing today?” They knew a magnificent property with breathtaking views would not be enough. The Bernettis wanted their guests to fall in love. Locanda was the place where that could happen, where they could offer visitors a gift to carry in their hearts forever.
Wine & Dine
- Home-made breakfast is served in the morning,
- Taverna di Mozart is an old stable serving typical Tuscan dishes cooked in the “old-fashioned way”.
- Rural chic.
- Rates start at EUR. 230 per night.
UNESCO World Heritage
- Tuscany’s Val d’Orcia UNESCO world heritage site may well be the most perfect slice of the most perfect part of Italy. Lying just south of Siena, this ancient valley of gently rolling hills and scenic villages can feel blissfully timeless, its rich history and natural splendor exquisitely preserved.
The Owner's Local Guide
We do recommend Osteria del Leone and Il Loggiato in Bagno Vignoni, a small village well known for its hot springs. In Pienza La Terrazza del Chiostro has an amazing view from its garden while in San Quirico d’Orcia Fonte alla Vena. And last but not least, Boccon Divino is the best in Montalcino, a wonderful town flourishing with amazing wines and food.
While for other activities I would like to start with food and wine. We can book for you a wine tour and tasting in the beautiful medieval towns of Montalcino or Montepulciano, both 30 minutes driving from Locanda in Tuscany. In Montalcino, I am pleased to suggest Podere Le Ripi, with its unique cellar and its amazing Brunello di Montalcino and Rosso di Montalcino.
In Montepulciano, I highly recommend Salcheto, an organic winery producing Rosso and Nobile di Montepulciano that is also a perfect place to enjoy good wines, food, and outstanding scenery from the dining room or terrace overlooking the town.
I suggest you a cheese tasting in Pienza in this amazing place called Podere Il Casale. There you will have the opportunity to taste a delicious Pecorino cheese combined with a tour of the farm with its animals.
- Horseback riding tours of different lengths across the magical hills of the Val d’Orcia.
- Cooking classes.
- Thermal baths are an extremely beautiful experience! The owner suggests Bagno Vignoni, a small medieval village famous for its hot springs.
- Bagni San Filippo is the perfect place, a stream in the woods at the confluence of several hot springs in a series of pools where you can swim all year long and enjoy the special limestone formations that for their shapes have inspired the evocative such names as 'the white whale' or 'the glacier’.
When to Go
- The Locanda is open from April till New Year’s Eve. The season starts in April and lasts till the end of October. Autumn always shows the valley at its best: As the tourist season winds down, vineyards turn to russet and gold, and harvest festivals abound.
How to Get There
- By Air: Nearest airports are Perugia (1 1/2h), Florence (1 3/4h) and Rome (2h).