La Pescaia Resort
Nestled in the heart of the Tuscan Maremma, La Pescaia Resort is a piece of authentic rural patrician history brought back to life, through a conservative restoration very respectful of the genius loci. An elegant example of a nineteenth-century villa farm, one of the few remaining in the area, with a past that refers to the family of Pia Tolomei. La Pescaia Resort is a paradise protected by over six thousand ancient olive trees, pristine forests, and hidden paths for lovers of walking and of the horseback riding.Check availability
- 14 rooms and 2 apartments located in 3 buildings overlooking the central court of the ancient estate. Each building has a different charm able to satisfy different tastes and needs. All accommodations share the same services and spacious common areas allowing guests to enjoy a tranquil stay.
Wine & Dine
- A "home" restaurant, open for lunch and dinner, offers local recipes and dishes prepared with organic vegetables from the garden and products of the highest quality, served "al fresco" under the pergola of the large terrace or in the halls of the villa, between paintings, objects, and images that tell a splendid story.
- Try their own produced "Liquid Gold" – Extra Vergin Olive Oil La Pescaia 1522.
- Rural chic.
- Rates start at EUR. 220 per night
- Ristorante La Stanzetta, located in Sticciano Scalo, a small restaurant offer traditional Maremma dishes, bread made without the use of white flours and excellent Tortelli with Buffalo Ricotta.
- Rocca di Frassinello, a winery designed by Renzo Piano with an enchanting Etruscan Necropolis within the estate.
When to Go
- The hotel is open from Easter to October.
What to See
- Bagno Vignoni – In the heart of Val d'Orcia, Bagno Vignoni is a small "private" village off the usual route. The sight is breathtaking: the village square is a thermal bath of the sixteenth century. Between a cafe, a good restaurant , libraries and ancient herbal stores, you forget the time passing and breath the best of Italy.
How to Get There
- The hotel is located within the municipality of Roccastrada, in the province of Grosseto. Easily accessible by car, it is just 5 km away from the Aurelia highway that connects Rome to the Ligurian coast.
- Nearest railway stations: Sticciano Scalo: regional connection between Grosseto and Siena.
- The nearest airport is Pisa – 1.20h by car. Florence and Rome Fiumicino are a 2h drive.