Located within easy reach of the center, at a 5-minute walking distance from the ski slopes, overlooking the village with a marvelous view of the Alps, the Kristiania, an eclectic Austrian Chalet boasting unbeatable vistas is Lech's most stylish stay. Othmar Schneider, gold medal winner for the slalom at the Olympic winter games in Oslo in 1952, built the Kristiania up into one of the leading addresses in Lech. Until today, pampering their guests is a tradition at the Kristiania.Check availability
- 28 rooms, in-room amenities are free WIFI, safe, minibar, and balcony (on request).
- Private SPA offering facials, treatments, massages, manicures, and pedicures.
- In Room Dining, 24/7 room service, well-stocked wine cellar.
- Services available: valet parking, luggage service, transfers, hotel shuttle service, laundry service, babysitting service, ski valet service, ski nanny service, ski butler, private ski instructor, daily newspaper of choice, personal trainer.
- You will find a wide-ranging art collection of carefully selected artworks linked to the traditional Alpine heritage in the hotel.
- SKI BUTLER: The staff can source the skis just right for you and have them serviced, tuned, and ready for your runs on the slopes. You can also get skiing tips for that little extra.
- READING BUTLER: There’s no need to bring a book to Kristiania. All you need to do is ask our reading butler for your author or book of choice and we will do the rest.
- DOG BUTLER: Your pooch will want to join this winter. Tails will be wagging on designer beds, during dinner, dog photography sessions, and along recommended walks.
Wine & Dine
- Malcom Praun and his collective of young chefs blend traditional Alpine and Argentinian cuisine at The Restaurant. In our opinion the best dining experience in all of Lech this winter. From service to the quality of food, culinary expertise, local and seasonal offers, and sommelier suggestions.
- And for a special evening, you can book the hotel's 'Kaminzimmer’ (Asado, be your own grill master with your personal “green egg” ) with an open fireplace and an Argentinian feast in the most intimate alpine setting.
- Hotel' 'Red Bar' and lounge is a meeting point before and after dinner and one of the most beautiful alpine lobbies in the Alps.
- Post-slopes comfort.
- Rates start at EUR. 646 per night.
- The Mountain house in the Austrian Alps features unbeatable vistas and bespoke experiences: The staff can organize a picnic in the snow: Watch the awe-inspiring Vorarlberg Alps from a reclining position on thick Moroccan rugs, wrapped in fur blankets. You’ll be sure to stay warm with a fire bowl beside you and some delicious cuisine and Champagne inside you!
- Murmeli in Oberlech, best for lunch.
- Schneggarei, for Apres ski, near the Schlegelkopf valley station in Lech.
- Apres-ski - either at Hotel Krone or on Schmelzhof’s sun terrace.
- Hus Nr. 8: for brilliant raclette — remember to book ahead.
- Lenai & Linai, right next to the church.
- If you are a good skier start your day in Oberlech, head over to the 'Rüfikopf' until you reach Zürs, then head back to Lech via the 'Madloch' — and get a tan at the Burg's terrace in Oberlech.
How to Get There
- Major airports: Zurich (2h) and Munich (3h).
- Smaller airports: St.Gallen (1h), Friedrichshafen & Innsbruck (both 1 1/2h).
- Train station is Langen am Arlberg (30 min drive).
- Kristiania offers transfer to and from all airports (chauffeur driven limousines, mini-busses, shuttle busses etc.)