The Knappaboda is a place of retreat where you can find real privacy, the highest quality, and time for family and friends. A place of deceleration and life energy. A place of regionality and sustainable enjoyment. A place whose atmospheric ambiance makes it a home away from home for the duration of the holiday.Check availability
- High-quality interior in the eight spacious apartments. The best craftsmanship, regional materials, exquisite interiors, high-quality design classics, and perfectly coordinated color concepts ensure a harmonious ambiance. Each apartment has a comfortable living room with a beautiful living area and tiled stove, a fully equipped kitchen-dining area, and two well-equipped bathrooms.
- Architecturally beautifully designed 150 m² wellness area.
- Cosy hotel lounge with fireplace.
In-House Deli 'Knapparei'
- The hotel's in-house shop offers regional products, ready-prepared dishes, and fine delicacies: from cheese, sausage and spreads, jam and honey, butter and milk to pasta and rice, vinegar and oil to ready-made dishes in a jar – of course, there is always a vegetarian, and sometimes also a vegan meal to choose from. There are also non-alcoholic drinks and a well-stocked wine cabinet. Since regionality and seasonality are very important to them, they source the products almost exclusively from regional producers and partners.
What's the Story
- Together with his wife Conny, Maximilian Walch took over his parents' business in 2021 and turned the former Hotel Garni into a hotel. However, the parents Gertrud and Herbert Walch are still actively supporting the next generation - a beautiful and harmonious thing in a house with 40 years of tradition. The fact that they manage to bridge the gap between dignified luxury and cozy ambiance with ease is not least because, in addition to hospitality, craftsmanship is also in the Walchs' blood: And so Maximilian, a trained interior decorator, continues to run the craft business "Raum & Einrichtung Walch" and furnishes houses and flats with beautiful fabrics, furniture, and high-quality floors. By the way, it was the miners who gave the house its name (miner = Knappe). Those men who, as far back as the 15th Century, were carrying out their work in the mountain tunnels of the Arlberg.
- Regional, sustainable, and environmentally conscious: when it comes to hygiene products, the hotel relies on high-quality natural cosmetics from the Lech label Resa Wants. Towels, linen bedding, and all upholstery fabrics were produced locally.
- Fusalp ski wear to hit the slopes.
- The apartments can be rented for longer terms, from 1 month to the entire winter season. Get in touch for a detailed offer.
- Rates start at EUR. 700 per night. The minimum stay is three nights.
Location & Setting
- The Hotel is located just a few steps from the center of town. You can easily walk to the lifts, shops, and restaurants.
Lech Insider Guide
- Take a look at our Lech Insider Guide. The best restaurants and what to see this winter.
Where to Shop
- Lenai & Linai, right next to the church.
- If you are a good skier, start your day in Oberlech, head over to the 'Rüfikopf' until you reach Zürs, then head back to lech via the 'Madloch' — and get a tan at the Burg's terrace in Oberlech.
How to Get There
- Major airports: Zürich (2 hours) and Munich (3 hours)
- Smaller airports: St.Gallen (1 hour), Friedrichshafen & Innsbruck (both 1.5 hours)
- Train station is Langen am Arlberg (30 min) (edited)