Hotel Gasthof Krone
For more than 180 years, the Krone has overlooked the village square, seemingly unchanged, stoical, and serene. Helene Nussbaumer-Natter und Dietmar Nussbaumer, the Krone family’s third generation, runs the hotel on the principles of their ancestors and in the same spirit — but with their modern signature.Check availability
- Rooms feature high-quality Bregenzerwald craftwork and discreetly contemporary design.
- You can choose from three different room categories.
- All are equipped with desk, telephone, broadband, safe, hi-fi, and also a TV on request.
- The Bregenzerwald Rooms are available in two sizes: 23 and 28 sqm. All have balconies.
- The Werkraum rooms are available in three sizes: 25, 33, and 40 sqm
- Bathrooms of both categories have granite flooring, underfloor heating, bath, and/or shower.
- The warm embrace of the sauna, or the chimney-corner room with its small but select library, or the garden ... all gently invite you to relax, just let go, switch off - recharge your batteries, take time out, drop out of sight. The Krone’s terrace is a good place to keep an eye on what’s happening in Hittisau village life.
Wine & Dine
- Fresh, regionally-inspired cuisine is served in the three cozy 'Stuben'. Gault Millau has honored the Krone with 15 points.
- Relaxed and comfortable.
- Rates start at EUR 210 per night including half board.
- Mountain biking, hiking (numerous paths and trails), climbing.
- Golfing: 18 hole-course is 10 minutes away;
- Cross-country skiing, winter walking, skiing, and ski touring in the magical landscape of the Bregenzerwald.
Good to Know
- Golfers and anglers, vintage car enthusiasts and the merely curious, family clans and individualists, fresh air fiends, and indoor types, gourmets and the thrifty, ramblers and cyclists – they have all enjoyed the Krone, and returned.
How to Get There
- Fly to Friedrichshafen (60 km), Altenrhein (45 km), Zürich (140 km) or Allgäu (100 km).
- By train: The hotel offers a pick-up service from the main station in Bregenz or Oberstaufen (Germany).