In the foothills of the Matterhorn, the symbol of Switzerland and the gateway to the Valais Alps, lies the classic winter resort of Zermatt. And nestled in this car-free village, surrounded by soaring peaks, you will find the Firefly. A sleek, family-run hotel with interiors that take the alpine aesthetic into the 21st century, it is more of a collection of private apartments that offer the freedom to follow your own rhythm.Check availability
- The suites range in size from 30 to 250 m2 and are suitable for 2 to 12 people. Almost every bedroom has its bathroom, perfect for a family or friends traveling together but looking for a bit of privacy.
- The amazing Skylight Loft with 250 m2 of space, 5 bedrooms, a view of the Matterhorn, and a sauna — suitable for 10–12 people.
Where to Relax
- The hotel’s BAR 55 is popular with hotel guests and locals alike. While lounging in front of the fireplace, you can relax, have a good conversation, or just watch the logs burn.
- Enjoy the excellent service in the cigar lounge and stylish wine cellar. Enjoy the excellent service.
- Après-ski attire.
- Rates start at CHF 390 per night, including breakfast, free entry to the spa and gym, free shuttle to and from Zermatt train station or taxi station on arrival and departure, WiFi, VAT, and service tax.
- In Zermatt, life is all about the mountains; you either climb them, ski down them, or gaze at them. Here, you will find the majestic and pyramid-like Matterhorn; standing at 4,478 meters, it is Europe’s most recognizable peak, the symbol of Switzerland and the centerpiece of life in this car-free, glamorous village. A ski lover’s playground, Zermatt is the highest Swiss mountain resort, with the most impressive lift infrastructure and, at 3,883 meters, the highest viewing platform in the Alps. It is also the best place in Europe for heli-skiing enthusiasts.
Zermatt Insider Guide
- More recommendations in our Insider Guide.
How to Get There
- If you arrive by car, leave your car in Täsch and get on one of the Zermatt Shuttle trains. In 12 minutes, they will take you comfortably to the car-free Valais mountain village.