Chateau St Victor La Coste
Chateau St Victor La Coste is magical. It is a private home decorated artistically yet flamboyantly, with an eclectic style. It is genuinely wonderful and very special, located in a sleepy Provencal village untouched by tourism. Surrounded by Côte de Rhone vineyards and forests, this is a world away from the glitz of the Côte d'Azur and is the right choice for the more discerning traveller.Check availability
There are three independent cottages and one suite to rent which are completely different but share a large well fitted kitchen and sitting room in the main chateau, and the wonderful stone pool and gardens. All cottages have their own entrances and are completely private.
The Chateau comes fully equipped with all modern comfort, high thread counts Egyptian bedding, fully functional and well-equipped kitchens (Lacanche 3 ovens), and fabulously comfortable beds but also intriguing gardens, with old deliciously scented roses, plumbago, hortensia, and jasmine leading to the old Castellas, and surrounding a very beautiful stone pool (6m x 15m) with columns and statues.
Wine & Dine
- They don't serve breakfast. But a very well equipped and spacious kitchen is available for your use and each cottage and the suite have their own table.
- There is also a communal salon with comfy sofas, and an indoor dining table for cooler days.
- You can rent the whole space sleeping a maximum of 18 people in 9 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms. They can accommodate small weddings (up to 60 people seated). The owners also run cooking classes, wine tastings, and seasonal truffle hunting.
- Like Russell Crowe, and Marion Cotillard in 'A good year'.
- From EUR. 250 per cottage and per night.
Location & Setting
Situated on the border of Provence and Languedoc with balmy temperatures extending the season and wonderful local produce for gourmands! Local wines include Chateauneuf des Papes, Gigondas, Lirac, and Tavel. This is a property for the connoisseur, the aesthete, and those wanting peace and tranquility yet also part of a charming small village with amenities to hand.
The Chateau is only a 2 minute walk to the charming village of St Victor la Coste with boulangerie and epicerie, pharmacie and tabac plus cafe restaurant L’Industrie with tables under the trees.
- Avignon is only half an hour away. Don't miss the antique market every Saturday in Villenueve-Les -Avignon.
- A trip to the laid-back village of Uzès (20. min from the Château). Try Le Bec a Vin and Terroirs for dinner.
- In our Provence Guide.
How to Get There
- The nearest airport is Marseille (1h30).
- By train: the TGV station in Avignon is a half-hour drive. It connects directly to Paris.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.