Castello di Vicarello
Castello di Vicarello is a 12th-century castle turned estate country retreat nestled in the untouched region of Maremma with sweeping views over rolling hills facing the Tyrrhenian Sea. Castello di Vicarello offers a choice of eight creatively appointed suites, two swimming pools, two kitchen gardens, and exquisite terraces surrounded by 40 hectares of vineyards and olive groves - where guests can also experience massage treatments set in pure Tuscan nature.Check availability
- Nine exclusive suites offer a fusion of quintessential Tuscan aesthetics carefully styled with furnishings and materials working in harmony with the original medieval architecture.
- The castle hotel comfortably sleeps up to 22 people in total, making it a popular choice for exclusive hire and weddings.
- Two inﬁnity pools with outdoor bars and dining.
- Two historic-yet-modern Tuscan kitchens, offering cooking classes.
- Organic gardens, vineyards, and olive groves.
- Exquisitely maintained 360 panoramic terraces and estate gardens.
- Main castle lounge room with ﬁreplace and bar.
- High-speed WIFI is available in all rooms and around the hotel grounds.
- Smart concierge phone technology for F&B in-room and poolside.
- Experiences include cooking classes, wine tastings, trufﬂe hunting, outdoor massage treatments, picnic and bbq outdoor dining, yoga classes, horseback riding, private boat tours, leather-working courses, and natural thermal bath tours are all available to guests, upon request.
Wine & Dine
- Restaurant serves classic Italian dishes, candlelit tables with crisp white linens.
- The hotel offers a farm-to-table approach, whereby the culinary staff prioritizes producing dishes that include ingredients from the hotel’s estate, and small local food producers.
- Highly successful award-winning vineyard managed by son Brando - Castello di Vicarello and Terre di Vico wines.
- Organic focus on olive oil production and other products produced from the land such as jams, preserved tomato and sauces, pickles, and wild bore sausages.
- Linen during summer months.
- Rates start at EUR 550 per night.
When to Go
- Season runs from Easter to October. Avoid July or August when temperates can be above 35 Celsius.
What to Do
- Worth getting out of bed for is a trip to the charming hilltop villages of Montalcino and Bolgheri.
- The hotel can organize boat trips.
How to Get There
- Nearest airport is Pisa, 190km from the hotel, Roma Fiumicino and Firenze airports are 2 1/2 hours drive. A transfer can be arranged.
- Nearest train station is Grosseto, a 45 minute's drive.