Castello di Tassara
Castello di Tassara is nestled among fields, vineyards, and landscapes and follows a rhythm of nature and agriculture. A quiet haven suspended in time. Its story is one of restoration carried out respecting esthetic harmony, tradition, hospitality, love for refined simplicity, tastes, flavors, and animals.Check availability
- With its 5 rooms and 2 suites, the castle can accommodate 17 guests, always offering a private and intimate atmosphere.
- All the rooms are spacious, with refined interiors and stunning views of the surrounding hills.
- The estate features a swimming pool, a sun terrace, and magnificent views.
- The owner Caterina has an extensive guide to the region, with vineyard tours, private and group, agricultural tours, and the best places to dine.
Wine & Dine
- Breakfast is served in the large kitchen, with a rustic fireplace and wood stove, or al fresco in the warmer months. A selection of local products, cheeses, jams, and pastries are served on hand-painted Italian ceramics picked out by the owner over the years. No lunch or dinner unless requested in advance.
- Rates start at EUR. 190 per night.
Worth Getting out of Bed for
- A large lawn and a well-kept garden offer possibilities for play, entertainment, and relaxation outside. The vegetable garden, cultivated with biological methods, is next to the fenced areas for the courtyard animals and to the horse paddock which are part of the great family of Tassara.
- The Castle’s rooms and gardens can be booked for events, courses, and photographic or video shoots. The castle offers a welcoming and elegant context for special celebrations, receptions, weddings, and birthdays and is also suitable for courses that need special arrangements, inside or out.
- The property is on the edge of Tassara, a village on the border between the Oltrepo Pavese hills and the Piacenza hills. In the distance, on the northern horizon, the Alps are visible. This area, at the edge of the Appennine of Emilia, near one of the trails of the Via Francigena, offers cultural, touristic, gastronomic, enology, and sporting itineraries. From here it is exciting to explore the region by bicycle, on horseback, or walking on the Appennine trails.
How to Get There
Nearest airports: Milan Linate - 1 hr, Milan Malpensa - 1 hr 30 min
Nearest train station: Castel San Giovanni - 20 min, Stradella - 20 min, Piacenza - 40 min