Part luxury spa hotel, part organic farm, the Bio-Hotel Stanglwirt is a legendary Tyrolean address that has been welcoming guests for more than 400 years. Set at the foot of the impressive Wilder Kaiser mountain range in Going, it is a quick 10-minute drive from ritzy Kitz and its brilliant skiing.Check availability
- 75 different suites, varied in size and style. Some offer their sauna, terrace, or fireplace. All equipped with swiss stone pine furniture, furnishings made from the finest sheep’s wool, linen and cotton, shower, hairdryer, cozy seating area, direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi, minibar, safe, flatscreen TV incl. infotainment system, some feature a balcony or terrace.
Wellness & Spa
- The newly designed Spa offers from natural whey baths, to long-lasting innovative anti-aging methods. From full-body massages to healing massages, foot reflex zone massage, aromatherapy oil massage. Body wraps and treatments, Thalasso, Ayurveda & more.
- Ultra-large salt-water pool with views to the Kaiser, rock pool bath, mountain crystal steam bath, stone sauna, spruce sauna, salt water steam grotto. panorama event sauna, a Swiss stone pine sauna, a waterfall grotto, and much more. Families will find a separate non-nude fitness & well-being area in the Rock Spa and rock sauna.
- Cosmetics for women and men. Hairdressing salon.
Wine & Dine
- Six restaurants serve local and international dishes. Dine in the 'Stangl Alm' at the open fireplace, listen to zither music, and enjoy a superb romantic evening or in the 'Rustic Inn' with its famous Cow barn windows.
- Classic Tyrolean Mountain Style.
- Rates start at EUR. 320 per night including breakfast. Open all year round.
- Horse riding on the precious Lipizzaner horses.
- Tennis: The most successful tennis school in Europe, Peter Burwash International, offers courses on 6 indoor courts and 8 outdoor courts.
- Golf: The excellently kept 27-hole golf course 'Wilder Kaiser' is situated nearby the hotel in Ellmau
- Fitness: Attractive courses free of charge (Pilates, workouts, yoga, and much more).
- Mountain biking: The Stanglwirt is the ideal starting point for mountain bike excursions! The hotel hires professional mountain bikes.
- Hiking & Climbing: Beautiful hiking trails starting directly at your door.
- Running & Nordic walking, hunting & much more.
- The largest interconnected skiing area in Austria, Wilder Kaiser Brixental' has 93 lifts and mountain trains, and the slopes have the most modern snow-production machines. Also, in 10 minutes you are in world-famous Kitzbühel with the legendary Streif-race.
- Gasthof Sonnbühel: The Sonnbühel has been a fixture on the Kitzbühel scene since it opened nearly 100 years ago when it was the embodiment of la dolce far niente in the golden age of the 1920s. Wonderfully located, super authentic, and with a winning sun terrace, it is still the place to have lunch and a spot of après-ski. Feast on Sonnbühel (young bull) tartare, burrata chips, and whole cochinillo pork grilled on a spit, or the sharing chateaubriand. It is a must-visit for anyone in the area. Hahnenkamm 11, Kitzbühel.
- Frauenschuh, Josef-Herold-Straße 13-15, 6370 Kitzbühel.
- Shopping for him: Helmut Eder, Sterzinger Platz 3, Kitzbühel.
Kitz Insider Guide
- More local suggestions in our Kitzbühel Insider Guide
How to Get There
- Airport Munich approx. 1 1/2 hours drive. Or fly into Salzburg which is only an hour by car.
- The Audi Stanglwirt Shuttle Service picks you up at the airport, train station, or your home. Contact us for exact prices.
- Nearest train station is Kufstein, a 25 min drive away. Kufstein is easily accessible from Munich (1 hour).