Redagno, South Tyrol, Italy
Berghoferin Fine Hotel & Hideaway
Berghoferin Fine Hotel & Hideaway is a private estate and hidden gem, offering just 13 beautifully appointed suites in a secluded and refined setting. Tucked away at an elevation of 1,500 meters, surrounded by rolling hills, lush meadows, and dense forests at the base of the striking Corno Bianco and Corno Nero peaks, this hotel offers breathtaking views of the southfacing mountain panorama. Escape the noise and chaos of city life and bask in the peaceful tranquility of nature.Check availability
- 13 generously sized and light-infused suites (ranging from 35m2 – 80m2), each with its own interior design, spread out across three floors.
- In-Room amenities: Mini-bar filled with local products, incl. a selection of free refreshments and snacks. Free WiFi, Smart TV with 90+ channels, safe, high-tech hair dryer, high-quality Italian bed linen and towels, Spa bag with bath towels, bathrobes, and slippers. Care products by the South Tyrolean natural cosmetics company Trehs.
Arts & Culture
- There is a strong focus on arts and culture in all areas of the house. In particular, a wide range of books, newspapers and magazines as well as cultural events.
- Large selection of books and magazines in the public spaces. In addition, each suite has its own library corner with current books by the Bolzano-based publisher Edition Raetia.
What's the Story
- The hotel was remodelled with a strong focus on integrating it into the surrounding countryside and aligning it with the region’s history and values while also enhancing it with some very special highlights. It considers itself to be a place of savoir-vivre that promises enjoyment in a sophisticated, culture-savvy atmosphere as well as a refuge for guests seeking to find calm and slow down the pace of everyday life for a while in the surrounding nature and the many possibilities it has to offer.
Wellness & Spa
- Poolside: Solar-heated open-air swimming pool with expansive lounging area.
- The Lido alpin spa offers a Finnish sauna, steam room, brine steam bath, showers, loungers, a fireplace room, and a sun-drenched foyer with a lounge area, library, and refreshments. The spa also has a dedicated area for treatments, massages, and rituals using natural ingredients. Outdoors, guests can enjoy private sauna sessions in the pond-side sauna house or Swiss pine banyas, providing a unique sauna experience with the crackle of flames, and Swiss pine scent.
- Gym corner with with Technogym equipment.
Wine & Dine
- 'Gastrothèque Alpine': Lunch is served on the beautiful terrace and patio. The menu features a fine selection of options, including innovative traditional dishes, and local adaptations of international classics.
- 'Fine Dining Die Saligen': The restaurant serves dinner (and weekend lunch) in a refined atmosphere, while promoting a deep appreciation for the products and optimal cooking methods. The kitchen serves seasonal and locally-sourced dishes, expertly prepared and creatively adapted. The wine list is extensive and wine pairing can be arranged to suit your personal taste.
- Their Bar Zeno’s is the heart of the hotel. It features a fireplace corner, reading room, smoking lounge, a library with a variety of books, and cozy retreats for guests.
- They are striving for a product-oriented cuisine and have a close relationship to local producers of food and wines. With a firm belief in a balanced, seasonal cuisine that celebrates the culinary heritage of the region, Berghoferin is a superb culinary destination that offers a truly authentic dining experience. Using high-quality, untreated ingredients that are locally and traditionally sourced, the skilled chefs create dishes that reflect the unique amalgamation of Alpine and Mediterranean food traditions of Alto Adige.
- Casual Cashmere.
- Rates start at EUR 400 per night. A local tax of 1.60 euros per person (aged 14 and over) and per night will be charged separately and can only be paid on site.
Location & setting
- Redagno (Radein) is a small Alpine hamlet in South Tyrol, part of the municipality of Aldino. It is surrounded by the Fiemme Mountains in the western Dolomites and separated from the rest of the municipality by the Geoparc Bletterbach gorge, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Located 1,500 meters above sea level, Redagno is a peaceful summer retreat that has retained its original charm. With a tiny church on a hill, scattered farms, and no shops or restaurants, Redagno is a charming hiking haven and a true reflection of rural life, offering a tranquil refuge for those seeking a break from the fast pace of life. It is a perfect insider's tip for travelers seeking a unique, authentic experience away from the crowds.
- Located in a hiker's paradise with a varied landscape (part of UNESCO World Heritage), which starts right in front of the hotel and invites you to be active, to exercise, to do sports at any time of the year.
- Outdoor activities such as golfing, tennis, horseback riding, rafting, and climbing in the high rope course. From leisurely strolls through flowery meadows to challenging hikes and multi-hour summit tours, the diverse surroundings offer something for everyone. Mountain bikers can test their limits on rough terrain.
- Organization of wine tastings and visits of the many small local wineries with which the hotel is collaborating for many years. Discovering many of the small historical villages close by the hotel to learn more about the cultural heritage of the region. Bolzano and Merano & Trento and Rovereto are 1 hour away by car and offer great range of sightseeing and shopping experiences.
- There is the possibility to rent the hotel exclusively during winter months.
When to go
- Season starts June 15 and lasts until October 29 2023.
How to Get There
- The hotel is a 50 minutes drive from Bolzano and 30 minutes from the Neumarkt-Auer motorway exit.
- By air: Nearest airport is Bolzano, which is served by SkyAlps. The nearest airports outside of South Tyrol are in Innsbruck and Verona.
- By train: The nearest train station is located in Ora/Auer.
- Reception will gladly help you organise transportation via private airport shuttle, taxi, or limousine.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.