The 10 chalets at the end of a winding road that leads to the Peterhof resort at the Alpe Furx, above the Alpenrhein Valley at 1200m above sea level, catch the eye straight away. The modern reinterpretation of the local architectural style is not only captured in the facades of the two-story wooden buildings, but it´s also a thread running through the entire design concept: in the striking interiors, floor-to-ceiling windows, pine accents, and, in particular, in the high-quality ash and maple wood details that give the furnishings a stylish patina.Check availability
With 82sq meters of living space and 20sq meters of terrace, these spacious chalets offer plenty of room for up to four guests. The standout features are the clay wood stove, organic and Finnish sauna, and outdoor wooden bathtub. The unadorned furnishing blends seamlessly into the complex’s clear and simple style. The owners have used only the best materials, natural wood, to frame the picturesque views, creating calm as they present the beauty of the landscape.
Fully Equipped Open Kitchen
Two spacious bathrooms with bathtub and rain shower
Fireplace including daily delivery of wood
Bio sauna and Finnish sauna
Open-air wooden bathtub with a picturesque view
Coffee and tea bar
High-speed fiber optic WiFi
Charging station for electric vehicles
- Have a relaxing start to the day with the breakfast service, which includes regionally sourced flavors and dishes.
- With great care, they put together a menu for you and pay particular attention to high-quality and regional products. Opening hours are from Thursday to Saturday 10 am to 10 pm, and Sunday 9 am to 8 pm. Monday to Wednesday á la carte service to the chalet.
What's the Story
- As fourth-generation hosts, the family Schmid is carrying on the Alpine hospitality. Welcoming day-trippers and overnight guests to continue the historical journey of the Peterhof together.
- Enjoy the silence and soak up the breathtaking view over the Alpenrhein Valley and the sunset from the outdoor wooden bathtub.
- Rates start at EUR. 206 per night. Every additional person will be charged EUR 92, - each per night (minimum stay is 3 nights). The prices are exclusive of the local tax valid at that time.
Location & Setting
- Kick back and relax on the sun deck and enjoy panoramic views of the idyllic surrounding 1200m meters above sea level. The Lake Constance region has long been regarded as the cultural nexus of Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and Lichtenstein. Famous festivals include the Bregenzer Festival or the Schubertiade Hohenems.
- Summer´s the time for mountain biking or hiking up in the picturesque mountains. The diversity of Vorarlberg is impressive. There are dozens of excursion destinations distributed between the Silvretta High Alpine Road in the south and the capital Bregenz in the north of the country.
- Winter´s the time for a snowshoe tour or put in your skis and hit the slopes. The Peterhof is surrounded by picturesque winter hiking trails. The ski area "Laterns" is only 10 km away, the "Arlberg" and the "Montafon" just under 50 km.
How to Get There
- Friedrichshafen airport is an hour away. Zurich is 1 1/2h.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.