Alpbachtal, Tyrol, Austria
Nestled amidst the imposing mountain peaks of the Kitzbühel Alps, the Rofan Mountains and the Brandenberg Alps lies the authentic Alpbachtal in Tyrol. The region with its ten charming villages is one of Austria's most original and well-known alpine valleys and stands for the careful handling of the unique natural and cultural landscapes. Amid this idyll is the Hygna Chalets - an ideal starting point for an active holiday in nature and at the same time a place of well-being to end the day relaxed in one of the eleven luxurious chalets.Check availability
- The eleven Chalets are set in an idyllic secluded location and come with their sauna, crackling fireplace, and bathtub in the bedrooms. Four of them, the 'spa chalets', also have private whirlpools.
- Fitness and yoga spaces and a panoramic infinity pool are located in the main building.
- The chalets use environmentally friendly solar energy via photovoltaics, as well as solar hot water generation and biomass district heating. The water from the private hot tubs is treated and recycled internally.
- The firewood for the stoves in the individual chalets comes from their forest and is prepared by the host family for the winter with their own hands in the summer so that the guests have it nice and cozy in the cold season.
- The breakfast box made of local wood, stocked with regional products, is delivered to the chalet door every morning.
- The high-quality products come from mostly regional producers. The bread is baked on the neighboring farm; Dairy products and cheese come from the purely organic hay milk dairy in the village and sausages, meat products, and bacon also come from the local butcher.
- Would you like to spend a cozy evening in the chalet and want to be spoiled with culinary delights? Then take advantage of their private cooking. Whether local pasture goose, typical Tyrolean delicacies, or an exclusive menu - the chalet chef Lukas will prepare an individual dream dinner right in the chalet. Culinary wishes and menu suggestions will be coordinated personally with Lukas.
What's the Story
- The host Sarah Moser has the best (insider) tips for excursions of all kinds ready for guests in her home region: whether it's a romantic walk, an adventurous family outing, or an impressive hike to the surrounding mountain peaks. In the following, the young host gives an insight into her very personal favorite places.
- Rates start at EUR. 530 per chalet per night. There is a minimum stay of three nights.
- The chalets are the ideal starting point to explore the surrounding nature - from yoga, hiking, and biking to skiing in winter.
- The Alpbachtal Valley offers you a broad range of activities. In addition to Alpine skiing, winter hiking, and snowshoe tours, you can enjoy ice skating, tobogganing, or snowshoe hiking.
- 7 state-of-the-art lifts and 145 km of slopes with guaranteed snow. If you just can't get enough time on the slopes, you can also visit the ski areas in the neighboring Zillertal Valley or the Kitzbühel region.
- The hiking area around the chalets offers a wide range of day hikes, multi-day tours, hiking trails for families, and places to stop for refreshments on the mountain. For cyclists, there are over 20 mountain bike trails.
The Most Beautiful Valley in Austria
- The Alpbachtal charms with its original rural Tyrolean character. Nowhere else in Tyrol will you find such well-maintained centuries-old farmyards. They form the heart of the region's spirit and lend it a unique charm. The area was named the most beautiful place in Austria and the village with Europe's most beautiful flowers. Clear air, lush meadows, and the breathtaking mountain landscape of the Kitzbühel Alps are an ideal backdrop for an active holiday in the mountains.
When to Go
- The Tyrolean Alps is an all-year-round destination. To enjoy the best skiing visit from January until the end of March. The Tyrolean summer lasts from May till the end of September.
How to Get There
- Innsbruck airport is only 45 min by car. Salzburg airport is 1 1/2h and Munich airport is 1 3/4h.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.