Discover history, tranquility, and the luxury of simplicity at Masseria Calderisi. On the edge of the lively beach life, the 17th-century farm has been revived as a charming boutique hotel, surrounded by 24 acres of olive groves, citrus and almond trees, herb gardens, and vegetable beds. Once a stately country estate, the spirit of that time can still be felt – cheerful, exuberant, and proud.Check availability
- The 17th-century Masseria has 24 airy rooms and suites, furnished with traditional materials and contemporary touches. Relax in simple, elegant interiors, enjoy the peace of your private garden, and refresh in the cool of lime-washed stone walls.
- All rooms & suites are equipped with, Minibar, Marshall Bluetooth speaker, Nespresso machine, Aēsop Amenities, Bottled drinking water, Satellite TV, Individual air-conditioning, In-room safe, Hairdryer, Beach bag, Unlimited WiFi, and most with Terraces.
Small Onsite Spa
- Book a treatment with one of their therapists at their small onsite spa. Choose from a range of facial and full-body treatments, including relaxing massages, cleansing scrubs, and revitalizing essential oil treatments.
Fitness & Yoga
- You can join their complimentary yoga classes in the olive groves or on the roof terrace.
- A small onsite gym is also at your disposal, equipped with Technogym products.
- Is the Tower Suite; a private suite in the historic tower features original vaulted stone ceilings, a comfortable sitting room with a grand fireplace, and a separate bedroom with an ensuite shower. Step onto the wide roof terrace (shared with the Tower 1658 room) and enjoy a quiet evening aperitivo overlooking the olive groves below, with views of the Adriatic Sea in the distance.
Wine & Dine
La Corte is the main hotel restaurant with tables laid out over a pergola-shaded piazza. Serving a contemporary take on traditional Puglian cuisine. Many of the ingredients used each day are grown on the property and in the neighboring fields, with fresh mozzarella and organic beef sourced from local farms, and fish and seafood caught from the nearby coast.
The Gioia Pool Bar, surrounded by orange, lemon, and olive trees is perfect for a laid-back lunch. They serve light Italian salads, healthy international dishes, and fresh pizzas straight from the oven.
As evening cool washes over the Masseria, relax on pillows and rugs on the candlelit Apero terrace to enjoy fresh Negronis from the aperitivo bar, accompanied by the sounds of laid-back music and humming cicadas.
- Take advantage of their on-site boutique. They carry a great selection of summer essentials. From linen shirts to swim swear.
- Rates start at EUR. 440 per night.
- Just a few kilometers from the hotel you can find Calderisi Beach. A private strip of sand, equipped with sunbeds, parasols, and a drinks service for the exclusive use of hotel guests. A complimentary shuttle takes you to and from the beach, a ten-minute drive away from the Masseria. And for the 2023 season, there will be a pool as well.
The Masseria & The Farm
- The traditional 17th-century farmhouse has been revived as a charming boutique hotel, surrounded by eight hectares of olive groves, citrus and almond trees, herb gardens, and vegetable beds. Once a stately country estate, the spirit of that time can still be felt – cheerful, exuberant, and proud.
- Centuries-old olive trees surround the Masseria, extending over eight hectares towards the coast. Enjoy a barefoot morning under the trees, and sample our organic olive oil made from the material’s harvests. Go for a walk in the olive groves and visit the material’s two adopted rescue donkeys that live there, enjoying an easy life relaxing in the sun.
Pizza Cooking Classes
- Join Pietro, their head chef, for a pizza cooking class at the material’s ancient stone oven. Pietro will help you pick fresh vegetables and herbs from the material’s gardens, and show you how to use his homemade dough to craft your base. Cook your pizza in the wood-fired oven, and enjoy your creations, crispy and bubbling, on a dining table set up on the piazza outside.
- Hop on one of their complimentary bicycles for a ride through the olive groves across their eight-hectare estate, or head out to explore the neighboring farms and villages of the countryside.
Olive Oil & Wine Tastings
- Visit their restaurant to enjoy one of their intimate wine and olive oil tastings. Let the winegrowers of their region guide you through a selection of renowned wines from Puglia - from honest country wines to exquisite and sought-after vintage drops, paired with local extra virgin olive oils for their complementary flavors.
- An onsite boutique stocks elegant pieces from Italian luxury brands such as Etro, Max Mara, Valentino, and Missoni, as well as ceramics made in the nearby town of Grottaglie. The boutique also sells products made at the Masseria including organic olive oil, fruit jam, and taralli, a traditional Puglian snack.
- The Masseria is located between Fasano and Savelletri. Only a few minute's drive to the coast and the typical Apulian beaches and restaurants.
What to See
- Many of the area's main tourist sights are nearby: The Trulli of Alberobello, the charming circular town of Locorotondo, Baroque Martina Franca, with its Summer Opera Festival, and the lush Itria valley.
Where to Eat
- Take a look at our Puglia guide
When to Go
- Season starts in April and lasts until October with July & August being peak seasons. Visit in June or September or October to experience the best of Puglia.
How to Get There
- By air: Brindisi is the closest airport, a 40-minute drive from the hotel. There are direct flights from major cities throughout Europe. The hotel can arrange transfers from €120 each way. Alternatively, fly into Bari, an hour’s drive away
- By train: If you’re arriving from Lecce or Bari, you can catch the train to Fasano station, which is just a five-minute drive from the hotel (a transfer to the hotel is €30 one way). The journey takes around an hour.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.