Porto Ercole, Tuscan Coast, Italy
Hotel Il Pellicano
This iconic luxury boutique hotel in Porto Ercole is a familiar romantic getaway for discerning guests all over the world and those seeking exclusive weekend breaks from Rome, on the Tuscan Coast.Check availability
- Il Pellicano is composed of a main building and a cluster of cottages scattered around the hotel's gardens. Each of the suites and rooms is unique, with light airy rooms with sea views from your balcony.
- Interiors are created by Italy's tastemaker, Marie-Louise Sciò, with light Tuscan references.
- The Tuscan rooms are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV with a DVD player. Guests will also have free Wi-Fi access, plus a minibar and satellite and pay-per-view channels.
- The heated swimming pool is filled with seawater, and there is also a tennis court with a personal trainer.
- Set on a cliff top in Porto Ercole, the luxurious Il Pellicano offers a private rocky beach. There’s an elevator slipping up and down the cliffside to the water’s edge.
- Drop off your boat at the private pier, waterski, paddle board, or snorkel over the pristine underwater landscape.
- Breakfast is buffet style, and guests have a choice of two restaurants. The Il Pellicano gourmet restaurant serves gourmet dishes and has 1 Michelin star, while Pelligrill Restaurant is a Tuscan restaurant with sea views.
- Pelliclub Health & Beauty wellness centre offers a fitness room, boutique and a range of massages and beauty treatments. The Pelliclub is a delightful place to visit with friends for joyful therapy with an iced cocktail and laughter. The Pelliclub Director Sandra promises an experience more than skin deep, more about the ‘touch than the cream’, with her team of expert, intuitive therapists.
Wine & Dine
- Michelin-starred Chef Michelino Gioia relishes the bountiful produce of Italy giving individual ingredients due respect, allowing each to stride across your palate with pride. Every morning fishermen present their catch at the kitchen door, lamb arrives from Tuscany, T-Bone steaks from Chianina, and Chef Gioia grazes the gardens for Mediterranean herbs. After dinner, a stylish trolley rolls out with slabs of velvety chocolate to be casually chiseled.
- Rates start at EUR 690 per night.
Location & Setting
- Italy’s Argentario Coast is glitteringly gorgeous, breeze over in one of our boats to discover hidden coves, and take a dip at the Grotta Azzurra. Giglio is a true gem of nature, lapped by crystal clear water with sea meadows that make delicious snorkeling. On the island, there are picturesque villages with narrow streets and little shops, bars, and restaurants.
Marie-Louise Scio’s Insider Guide to Tuscany’s Maremma
- Read here.
Good to Know
- Make Il Pellicano your own private villa on the Tuscan coast, inviting up to 110 guests for the overnight. Stage weddings, parties, and events in any of our dazzling settings; by the pool, the sea, amidst showers of bougainvillea. Gastronomy is by Michelin starred by Michelino Gioia sunlight is by Tuscany.
- Il Pellicano’s legendary bartender Federico Morosi guides a small group through the various stages and techniques involved in making some of his best cocktails. There will, of course, be time for tasting, and he may even share a few of his well-kept secrets.
History - Story of a Tuscan Home
- In 1965 two lovers, a charismatic American socialite and a dashing British aviator, created a romantic hideaway in a secret cove. Glamorous friends came to bathe in the delicious azure sea and party by moonlight, soon the gorgeous Tuscan home was transformed into Il Pellicano. There was nowhere else like it, the pristine cove sheltered by rugged cliffs, the romance and spontaneity, Hollywood and high society came to relax in privacy. 1979, Roberto Sciò fell in love with the hotel’s beauty and bought it. Today, his daughter and creative Director Marie-Louise keeps that Pellicano style right up to date, a combination of freewheeling spirit and old-school polish.
How to Get There
- Their drivers will collect you from any airport. It is approximately 90 minutes from Rome, and 110 from Pisa.Porto Ercole has an excellent marina and is 10 minutes from Il Pellicano Hotel.
- Nearest airports: Leonardo da Vinci Rome Fiumicino airport (150 km), Roma Ciampino airport (160 km, Galileo Galilei Pisa airport (205 km), Amerigo Vespucci Florence airport (200 km)
- Nearest train station: Orbetello (15 km), Roma Termini railway station (2 hours), Pisa Centrale railway station (2 hours).
Hotel Il Pellicano
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.