Bayrischzell, Bavaria, Germany
Deep in the Bavarian Alps, at 800m above sea level in an idyllic valley, framed by the famous Wendelstein on one side and the Aiplspitz on the other, and only 60 km south of Munich lies the hamlet of Geitau. In the middle of this dream setting, the Schmiedhof awaits you with eleven beautifully designed apartment-style suites, and a wonderful host.Check availability
- 11 apartments, ranging from 49m2 to 110m2 with 1-2 bedrooms. All equipped with a kitchen, balcony or terrace (with magnificent Mountain views), modern bathrooms, Smart-TV, and WiFi. Bed linen and towels are included.
- Free parking (underground parking also possible)
- Two charging stations for e-cars
- Bike and ski cellar
- Wellness across the street in the neighbouring hotel
- The owner Brigitte has her own little interior & fashion boutique in the buidling.
Wine & Dine
- No in-house restaurant but a bread service can be booked. You can also take advantage of the breakfast buffet in the neighbouring hotel (not included), which is right opposite and also offers a beer garden for lunch and dinner. There are two more restaurants within walking distance from the property.
What's the Story
- For many years Brigitte and her husband had the desire to bring an old farmhouse back to life. It should become their home and at the same time a place to welcome guests. It should have a mountain view and a beautiful location. In 2018, a coincidence lead them to Geitau. To their great surprise, the Nagelschmiedhof in the middle of the village was actually for sale. For the 'Schmieds' it was a clear sign of fate! And so began their wonderful love story. In just 24 months, and with the support of family, friends and local craftsmen's businesses, they remodelled and lovingly restored the building to a beautiful property with eleven apartment-style suites.
- Mountain Casual.
- Rates start at EUR. 160 per night for the smaller apartments and from EUR. 280 per night for the larger attic apartments, including final cleaning.
Location & Setting
- The Bavarian market town of Bayrischzell is only a 5-minute drive from the Schmiedhof where you can find cafes (try Cafe Huber), restaurants and boutiques. You will find a printed guide in your apartment with local suggestions by the owner Brigitte.
- From mountain biking, hiking, swimming, and walking, the valley offers endless activities during the warmer months. The Schliersee (lake) is an 8-minute drive.
- In winter you can go skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, sledging, ski touring and much more.
- In the immediate vicinity you will find cross-country ski trails.
- The ski areas 'Sudelfed' and 'Spitzingsee-Tegernsee' are only a few kilometres away. You can take the local bus to the Sudelfeld resort, it stops right in front of the property.
When to Go
- Summer season runs from mid-May to the end of October and winter from mid-December to mid-March.
How to Get There
- Fly into Munich or Salzburg, both are 1 1/2h by car.
- By train: Geitau train station is a 2 minute drive, which connects to Munich in 1 1/2h. There is a shuttle service to and from the station.
- Bus stop right in front of the property, which brings you to Bayrischzell and the Sudelfeld ski lifts.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.