Reopened in December 2021 after extensive renovations, BEAUSiTE Zermatt offers freshly refurbished spacious rooms and suites in warm colours with detailed fabrics and a British flair bring back the Swiss golden age of alpinism. You have a breathtaking view of the landmark of the Valais mountain village, the Matterhorn from almost every angle of the hotel.Check availability
- The 49 guest rooms in the main building are done in shades of warm honey and beige, and evoke the golden larch forests in the hills of Zermatt. The carefully selected monochromatic nuances inspired by the outdoor surroundings are combined with high-quality textiles by Mulberry, Christopher Farr and Sonnhaus that feel different to the touch to create an balanced interior and a cosy atmosphere
- The 18 rooms and suites in the villa are decorated in the nuances of the alpine environment – from blue-grey to green – and appear lighter, discreetly modern and sporty. The sofa beds are also made by George Smith in London and the armchairs with their Viennese wickerwork by Thonet. The crystal white table lamps called «Flakes» are by Favius.
- The bright one-room suite extends over 92 sqm across two floors and offers a breathtaking view of the Matterhorn – the bathroom featuring a steam bath and a whirlpool.
What's the Story
- It’s all in the name: «Beau Site» means «the beautiful seat». The stunning hillside location alone with its view of the «Horu» (as locals call the Matterhorn in the Zermatt dialect) is breathtaking. The historical Belle Époque building with its castle-like character (built in 1907) is testimony to the golden age of alpinism. Respectful and refreshingly courageous at the same time, with a touch of British flair, this unique building was completely renovated by the renowned interior design firm, Atelier Zurich.
Wine & Dine
- Two restaurants, a fondue hut, a wine box, and a bar. Chef Christof Nienstedt focuses on seasonal specialties and ingredients from the region. The hotel keeps its own livestock, and sources dairy products and cheese from a local farm.
- Meat, fish, and vegetables are cooked on a traditional wood-fired grill and served with a unique flourish at The Grill.
- The bar serves cocktails, drinks and snacks in a vibrant atmosphere. You will find a wide range of alpine and local spirits on the bar’s menu.
- The cosy wood chalet on the panoramic terrace with Matterhorn views is the perfect spot for sharing a delicious fondue.
Wellness & Spa
- The spa consists of two areas, one a mountain cave featuring whirlpools and the other a conservatory featuring a large indoor pool. The outdoor infinity pool offers a magnificent view of the Matterhorn.
- Finnish sauna, Bio sauna, Hammam, Infra-red cabin, Vitarium (low temperature sauna), Hay sauna with views of the Matterhorn, 4 treatment rooms.
- A fully equipped gym made of natural wood with ochre wallpaper «Empire» by House of Hackney and equipment by Nohrd will impress not only alpinists.
- Rates start at CHF 400 per night including breakfast.
Location & Setting
- The BEAUSiTE Zermatt offers the perfect starting point for exploration and unique alpine experiences, such as skiing year-round, including on the Theodul Glacier in mid-summer.
- In Zermatt, life is all about the mountains; you either climb them, ski down them, or gaze at them. Here, you will find the majestic and pyramid-like Matterhorn; standing at 4,478 meters, it is Europe’s most recognizable peak, the symbol of Switzerland and the centerpiece of life in this car-free, glamorous village. A ski lover’s playground, Zermatt is the highest Swiss mountain resort, with the most impressive lift infrastructure and, at 3,883 meters, the highest viewing platform in the Alps. It is also the best place in Europe for heli-skiing enthusiasts.
Zermatt Insider Guide
- More recommendations in our Insider Guide.
How to Get There
- If you arrive by car, leave your car in Täsch and get on one of the Zermatt Shuttle trains. In 12 minutes, they will take you comfortably to the car-free Valais mountain village.
- The hotel is situated in the middle of the village, in an elevated panoramic location with a direct view of the breathtaking Matterhorn.