In Kleinwalsertal, in the most western part of Austria, there is a place where the lightness of being has its origin: the Walser ART. The creative hosts Susann and Tobias Bantel have fulfilled a lifelong dream here with their Boutique Apartments. They offer plenty of space to switch off and relax, but also many artistic details full of imagination and inspiration. The rest is done by nature and breathtaking mountain views. Simply live, enjoy, and be – that is the spirit of the Walser ART.Check availability
- 9 Apartments, each different in size and style.
- At Walser ART, the art of well-being means living in harmony with the environment. With the coziness of natural materials, the conscious enjoyment of natural products, surrounded by the beauty of the mountains and lots of fresh air. This ART of life is what the owner's family wants to share with their guests. Their special ART is also to combine art and craft, to live out tradition and modernity on the pulse of time. The 9 Apartments are a refuge for relaxation, enjoyment, and lust for life. They combine original customs with stylish comfort. Lovingly furnished with creative Walser details and wooden elements, flooded with light and with high-quality sleeping systems. Each apartment is different and has a balcony or sun terrace and an atmospheric garden with a cozy fireplace that invites you to spend relaxing evenings. Photo credits: Markus Gmeiner / Karin Faltjesek.
Breakfast & Pre-Stock Service
- On request Bread, pastries, and delicious, local products can be delivered to your apartment upon arrival or in the morning.
What's the Story
- It has been 15 years since Susann and Tobias Bantel bought the property in Mittelberg. In 2019 it was completely turned upside down and transformed into the inspiring Walser ART. What the hosts particularly value is that certain something and all-around service. Coziness, openness, and respectful interaction are a matter of course for the two hoteliers. With them, the lightness of being is more than contagious.
- Cozy and casual.
- Rates start at EUR. 150 per night.
Worth Getting out of Bed for
- In the heart of the picturesque Kleinwalsertal, surrounded by imposing scenery, the ApARTments are the ideal starting point for exercise and activities outdoors. Only a five-minute walk to the river Breitach for running, biking, or walking. In winter, the cross-country ski trail passes directly by the house and the surrounding ski areas can be reached in no time by car or public bus.
- The best ski resorts in the region (Allgäu, Bregenzerwald, Arlberg) are easily accessible by car, bus, and train. In Kleinwalsertal and Oberstdorf, more than 130 kilometers of slopes and deep snow for powdering as well as 50 km of cross-country ski trails await the guests.
- Whether hiking, yoga, biking, climbing, or walking - numerous activities are waiting for you at your doorstep.
How to Get There
- Nearest airports: Friedrichshafen (100 km) / Memmingen (100 km) / Innsbruck (180 km) / Zurich (185 km) / Munich (200 km)
- By train: The nearest station is Oberstdorf in Germany, from where you can either taxi or take the Walser bus to Kleinwalsertal.