Nothing in Bavaria is as Bavarian as the Tegernsee Valley. We thoroughly agree. Come and enjoy your well-deserved holiday at the newly opened Tegernsee Suites. The two houses are designed with modern alpine interiors and make the perfect family getaway. The Suites are only a few minutes from Bavaria's most beautiful lake, where plenty of activities await you, during every season.Check availability
2 modern luxurious semi-detached houses, both very spacious. A maximum of eight people including children can live generously in four bedrooms (one of them with a pull-out sofa) on 225 m².
On the ground floor, the large living and dining room with a fireplace and an open, bright kitchen with a bar. The gas fireplace in the living room provides cozy warmth and a cozy atmosphere.
The kitchen is fully equipped. From the coffee machine and milk frother to the salad spinner and the cheese slicer, everything is available so that a large family or friends can be cooked and taken care of. At the large dining table that connects the kitchen and living room, guests can dine together.
You can relax in the free-standing bathtub or the pine wood sauna.
Large collection of board games and children's games complete the equipment.
Your holiday starts from the first minute at Tegernsee Suites. You drive your car right to the front door and you've already arrived. The house with all its amenities is already waiting for you: the refrigerator is full, and chilled drinks are ready.
Soft towels are provided in the bathrooms, the bedrooms smell of fresh bed linen, and the sauna can be heated up at any time.
Mountain bikes and E-bikes available for rent.
The owners can arrange for a masseur or private yoga teacher to come to your house, even a personal trainer if you want to work out.
Wine & Dine
- Breakfast: Fresh rolls and local specialties can be brought straight to your house in the morning.
- At your request, the owners can reserve a table for dinner in the nearby inn. A short walk down to the village. You will find Bavarian specialties such as pork or hot soups on the menu.
- Jankerl & Dirndl when heading into the picturesque Bavarian villages around the lake.
- Rates start at EUR. 400 per night.
Insider Tips from the Owners, Ina und Marco
- Balloon ride with Tegernseer Ballooning, also possible to cross the Alps.
- Advent magic at Tegernsee.
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides in the snow, also a trip to the Weißachalm with duck dinner or to the Saurüssel Alm possible.
- Electric boats or pedal boats in the Marina Tegernsee followed by a sundowner in summer.
Where to Eat
- Ina & Marco's favorite: Haubenaucher in Rottach-Egern, Lois Neuschmid, and his team pamper their guests with a surprise menu. The bistro is also open during the day.
- The restaurant of the Tegernsee Golf Club Bad Wiessee is another great spot. Michi Schröter and his team serve high-quality, down-to-earth cuisine. They have a wonderful terrace, which can be used as a stopover on a bike tour or hike, or after a round of golf (only open from April to October).
- Café Aran in Tegernsee is also worth a stop.
The Best Mountain Huts in the Tegernsee Valley
- The new star in the "hut heaven" is the Saurüssel Alm above Bad Wiessee.
- The Neureuth can be reached from Gmund or Tegernsee with a wonderful panoramic view and weekly hut evenings on Thursdays.
- Höhenweg from Gmund to Tegernsee with a stop at the farm shop in Gasse, delicious cakes and bread with spreads, open Wed. - Sat.
Whether mountain biking, hiking, swimming, walking, windsurfing, sailing, boating, or SUP (stand-up paddling).
The tranquil village of Gmund - the gateway to Tegernsee - is the ideal starting point for your activities or rest days. Here you will find small cafés, restaurants, and lidos, but also secluded bathing bays. Rental stations for (e-)bikes or boats can also be reached on foot within a few minutes.
The Ödberg leisure paradise with its summer toboggan run, climbing forest, playground, and zoo can also be easily reached with small children without a car.
For golf lovers there are 4 golf courses within a few kilometers.
- In winter you can go skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ski touring, tobogganing, walking, and, weather permitting, skating or playing ice hockey.
- In the immediate vicinity you will find cross-country ski trails.
- Less than a kilometer away you come to the Ödberg lifts, an ideal starting point for children and adults to learn to ski or snowboard in the local ski school or to improve their skills, a rental station is also available.
- The ski areas Spitzingsee-Tegernsee or Lenggries Brauneck are only a few kilometers away.
- With a cable car you can reach the highest mountain in Tegernsee, the Wallberg. Once at the top, rent a toboggan and go down the 6.5 km long natural toboggan run into the valley.
How to Get There
- Fly into Munich International Airport, an hour's drive.
- By train: Gmund train station is a 2 min drive. The Bavarian Oberlandbahn takes you to Munich Central Station every hour for 60 minutes. From there you can easily explore the Bavarian capital without having to search for a parking space. Whether royal castles, the Bavarian sea - the Chiemsee - Salzburg, or Innsbruck.