Wagrain, Salzburg Alps, Austria
A picturesque mountain village, Prechtlgut is a cluster of eighty lavish chalets which perch on a hillside just outside Wagrain, a family-friendly winter ski resort in Salzburg’s Pongau region. An idyllic region where nature is queen, the chalets are just in front of the Wagrain Grafenbergbahn lift station, so you can be the first one on the mountain.Check availability
- 8 chalets, which are embedded in a 9,000m² area.
- Designed like a traditional Alpine hut, there is a cozy living area centered around a large fireplace, a fully equipped pine wood kitchen with a chilled wine refrigerator, a giant bathtub, and two double bedrooms — plus its own sauna and hot tub on the terrace. Of course, wood for the fireplace is delivered daily, sauna affusions are provided, such as tea, coffee, and cocoa.
- WiFi throughout.
- Underground parking.
- We love that the chalets have access to a room service-style wellbeing program, including Alpine-inspired wellness baths, massages, and meditation with your hostess, Carina.
- Brand new is the Pool Luxury Lodge, which hits the mark with a private infinity pool overlooking the mountains. The two-story chalet with 140m² offers three bedrooms, a mountain view, a spacious living area with a fully equipped pine wood kitchen, an open fireplace, own Alm Spa with sauna/infrared/steam and panorama tub as well as a heated 14×4 year-round infinity stainless steel pool for private use with a sunbathing area directly on the pool.
Wellness & Spa
- A private Alm Spa with sauna/infrared/steam, rain shower, and panorama tub, as well as a hot tub on the sun terrace.
Wine & Dine
- Foodies will love that it is only a hop, skip, and jump from the restaurant, too.
- Full service for every chalet. The fresh Alm breakfast basket is delivered to the chalet at the desired time every day. Same for dinner, á la carte can be arranged whenever it suits you in your chalet.
- Prechtlgut’s restaurant and bar serve up traditional Salzburger and Austrian dishes. Your host, Manuel, will even accompany you to dinner, meeting you in the bar first, armed with charm and stories of the region. On other evenings, there are sizzling meat and fish fondue nights and tastings in the Wine Lounge; while, in the afternoons, the sun terrace is just the place to lounge after a morning on the piste.
- Starting at EUR 510 per night based on double occupancy. Each additional person EUR 160 per night.
- An idyllic region where nature is queen, the chalets are just in front of the Wagrain Grafenbergbahn lift station, so you can be first on the slopes in the morning. Thanks to the Panorama Link, this resort is joined with Flachau and Alpendorf to form the wider Salzburger Sportwelt area —part of the vast Ski Amadé region —and has 310km of slopes, as well as an impressive matrix of langlauf (cross-country skiing).
- There are plenty of other winter activities offered in the Salzburg mountains. From winter hikes to horse sleigh rides and much more.
- During summer months, there are beautiful hikes surrounding the chalets, also biking trails and you can swim in the large pond.
How to Get There
- Nearest airport is Salzburg, a little under an hour's drive. Munich is 2 1/2h.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.